Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Trying to decide on a portable Gama Spec. Ortec or Canberra? honeypot

Author Topic: Trying to decide on a portable Gama Spec. Ortec or Canberra?  (Read 10764 times)

mattrix74

Finally, time for a new piece of lab equipment. We are currently using a Ortec portable for waste steam verification . The experience with Ortec has been odd to say the least. Any incite would be appreciated. 8)

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Finally, time for a new piece of lab equipment. We are currently using a Ortec portable for waste steam verification . The experience with Ortec has been odd to say the least. Any incite would be appreciated. 8)

ORTEC sucks!!!!!

Canberra rules!!!!!

Well,................you did type "incite",.... [coffee]

Now, if insight was your goal the portables are always more challenging,....

ORTEC and Canberra both make fine equipment, it often comes down to what you are accustomed to,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

mattrix74

I'm looking for dependablity more than anthing. So I take it you use a Canberra? Any software issues to speek of?

Offline spikeree

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
If you need stats on Canberra equipment I might be able to help!

Offline bittnerb1

• Very Lite User
I use a Canberra portable ISOCS for waste stream analysis.  This is probably the best I have used.  I am not too familar with ORTEC.  The Genie 2000 software used with this system is very easy to navigate and use.  If you would like information just let me know.

itbyrnes

I use Canberra ISOCs and CZT.  Both are very good.  Highly recommend.

Offline croyce

• Very Lite User
Canberra! We are a total Canberra shop, every now and then I see the ORTEC sales crew and I still refuse even their coffee cups. I love Apex Gamma for spec. ISOCs/LABSOCs is such a tremendous program for us. We operate a mobile rad lab and having the ability to count a coke bottle filled with gravel without a physical geometry is such a lifesaver. Many moons ago I used an Ortec GeLi system, the software sucked and was not user friendly. Also the tech support and continued service you get from canberra has been A++.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?