News and Discussions > Nuke Community

Beauford D Sligh

(1/4) > >>

ajmerkel:
What are your thoughts on Beauford D Sligh?  Any good stories or memories?  Post them here!
This post is Approved by Beauford D Sligh.

wlrun3@aol.com:

Legend, mentor, tribal elder, irreplaceable...they broke the mold when they created him.

nukewood:
Jovial, humorous, reliable, hard worker, filled with L'Chaim.

sscone:
The best story teller. Always a great mentor. I know I can always count on a great reference from him.

nickscott13:
For as many stories that Beau has to tell, he is also has a wealth of knowledge that he is just willing to pass on to someone who wants to hear it.  There have been many times that I have worked with Beau where we were on lunch and I just asked him for advice.  Most of the time it was just his RP tip of the day, but sometimes there were times where I really needed an answer and he was always more than willing to teach me and explain to me the right way, the wrong way, and the RP way to get things done.  The thing I love about Beau is he always preaches to "do it the right way, not the Beau way."  I would estimate that Beau has probably spent the better part of 5 hours explaining to me the skill of covering valve jobs.  Nothing scares me more than valves and Beau has always helped me learn the tricks to covering valves without getting a PCE. 

His knowledge is amazing, but Beau's best quality is how he treats people.  He always has a smile on his face and a great story to tell.  He treats people with respect, even if he doesnt particularly like that person.  If he disagrees with you, he politely but directly hits you in the face with the truth. 

Beau is a man that I am lucky to call a friend.  We have spent countless hours talking about life and many more hours talking about women.  He has listened to me when I was confused, pissed off, and just needed an ear to speak to.  The legend of Beauford D. Sligh should not just be about his RP skills, but more based on the kind of person he is and how quite frankly, he is one of the all around great people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Nick Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version