Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu POSS Test Results TVA  

Author Topic: POSS Test Results TVA  (Read 26235 times)

Offline NW AU Fan

• Very Lite User
POSS Test Results TVA
« on: Dec 18, 2011, 12:31 »
I was recently asked to take the POSS test for TVA BF Plant SGPO position. I never received my test score results, buut was invited to interview for the position. I was told after the interview that I could expect to hear from them in 1 to 2 weeks. My questions are:

Do you generally receive your test scores from your POSS test? I must have passed to be invited to interview, but would like to know my scores.

Can the POSS scores from TVA be used for other operation position with other companies if I am not hired by TVA?

I was told the class for this group is scheduled to start around the first of March 2012. I really hope I am one of the people chosen. I really look forward to starting a long career with TVA.

Thanks.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
Re: POSS Test Results TVA
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2011, 08:57 »
1. You may only receive verbal on your scores for a pass; you passed or you wouldn't have interviewed.

2. No. It does not benefit TVA to provide your scores to another company; you may benefit by telling another company you already passed it at TVA (so they assume you will pass again).

3. Be patient. TVA is infamous for slow HR red tape slowing the hiring date, even if March is when BFN wants to start the class.

4. Good luck.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2011, 05:19 »
I tested with Entergy (POSS and TECH) and DTE (MASS), was never given a score. I simply received email's saying "You have been recommended".  Entergy took about 3 weeks per test to hear anything.

mannjw

« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2011, 09:40 »
Some companies will send them out, some won't. I know from personal experience Southern Company will.

Offline NW AU Fan

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2012, 01:45 »
Well.....I received a call from TVA and was offered the SGPO position. Now I have to complete the background check, physical, etc. Class is scheduled for late February. Thanks for all the information posted from this site. Most of it has been beneficial..... ;D

Offline Papa Nuc

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2012, 09:18 »
Congrats!

drayer54

« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2012, 10:16 »
Well.....I received a call from TVA and was offered the SGPO position. Now I have to complete the background check, physical, etc. Class is scheduled for late February. Thanks for all the information posted from this site. Most of it has been beneficial..... ;D

Congrats! Good luck on the turn and cough.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2012, 01:07 »
Congratulations sir!
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2012, 08:53 »
Congratulations and best of luck.  If only I were young again.
LM

stownsend

« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2012, 01:33 »
Congratulations and best of luck.  If only I were young again.
LM
Take pleasure in knowing that you will never be as old as NEB.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2012, 01:55 »
And my breath is certainly a lot better!
LM

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2012, 02:44 »
And my breath is certainly a lot better!
LM

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2012, 03:27 »
tuna - you are so green you can't even get into this conversation....  ;)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline NW AU Fan

• Very Lite User
« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2012, 05:54 »
Thank you all for the congratulations! Still a few more hoops to jump through before everything is final, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2012, 09:47 by NW AU Fan »

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2012, 08:51 »
tuna - you are so green you can't even get into this conversation....  ;)

first to admit that lol. Im more or less confused what his breath has to do with anything?

Murphy#3

« Reply #15 on: Jan 12, 2012, 05:33 »

Me too. Somewhat apprehensive about physical. Not really sure what to expect. I will join you in cautious optimism. Also, congrats to you. :)

Fermi2

« Reply #16 on: Jan 13, 2012, 10:38 »
What plants are you guys going to?

Physical:

Draw Blood
Hearing
Vision (Color Blind, near and far distance)
They'll blow air into your eye.
EKG
X Ray (Maybe)
Blood Pressure
And the dreaded PFT (Blow air through a tube though TVA's version is a LOT easier than DTEs was!)
Also you'll have to prove you can determine shapes of objects with your eyes closed.
and that you can smell smoke and natural gas.
Oh and squat.

That's the MAXIMUM you'll have to do. Takes maybe an hour.

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #17 on: Jan 13, 2012, 11:24 »

Physical:

Draw Blood
Hearing
Vision (Color Blind, near and far distance)
They'll blow air into your eye.
EKG
X Ray (Maybe)
Blood Pressure
And the dreaded PFT (Blow air through a tube though TVA's version is a LOT easier than DTEs was!)
Also you'll have to prove you can determine shapes of objects with your eyes closed.
and that you can smell smoke and natural gas.
Oh and squat.

That's the MAXIMUM you'll have to do. Takes maybe an hour.

That is the same with Entergy.

Fermi2

« Reply #18 on: Jan 13, 2012, 11:33 »
Are you speaking with a Mississippi drawl yet? :) WE need to make it over but family issues have made it so we can't really plan anything.

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #19 on: Jan 13, 2012, 12:09 »
Are you speaking with a Mississippi drawl yet? :) WE need to make it over but family issues have made it so we can't really plan anything.

Laughs.. My Arkansas accent works here too...  ;D

Yes, take care of you and your family first!
Come on anytime, we have a room ready.

Murphy#3

« Reply #20 on: Jan 13, 2012, 12:24 »

BFN. Started background check. Still waiting on a date for a physical. Thanks for the info on the physical. I've had a PFT a couple of times for other jobs. Not a lot of fun but not a big deal usually.

Fermi2

« Reply #21 on: Jan 13, 2012, 01:01 »
Ah the BWR world of reactor operations. Lots of money to be made at a 3 unit site!

Murphy#3

« Reply #22 on: Jan 17, 2012, 01:20 »
Has anyone heard back on when the physicals will be?

Offline NW AU Fan

• Very Lite User
« Reply #23 on: Jan 17, 2012, 10:04 »
Murphy,

I received an email today notifying me that I cleared the background check. I have a medical evaluation appointment scheduled for next week at Bellfonte Central In-Processing Center, in Hollywood, AL.

Murphy#3

« Reply #24 on: Jan 18, 2012, 03:29 »
I received my appointment for a medical at Bellefonte next week too. Still haven't heard back on the background. None of my references have been contacted as far as I know. Hope all goes well for you.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #25 on: Jan 18, 2012, 05:32 »
Congrats to all the new hires. Welcome to the big leagues!
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?