Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu What to tell someone who wants to get in the business?
honeypot

Author Topic: What to tell someone who wants to get in the business?  (Read 4138 times)

Content1

I have looked at the threads and searched the internet.  It is a lot of confusing information.  What would be a source to tell people who have a goal to work in the nuclear field the best place to go for information on the required education and training, positions available, and how to break into the business?  Most people I know were at one time ex-Navy and their training was the basis of a job.  That is not the only route today.  At one time, there were few females in the business as few went into the Navy, now it seems it is more open.   What have non-navy people done to break into the business in an organized fashion?   What colleges have good programs that lead to positions?

There are many jobs out there besides RP and operators.  How do you break into those jobs?  Is it all apprentice based union jobs? 

Are there more employers then Bartlett and DZ Atlantic?

Are there many jobs based on the Hazwopper training alone out there? 

IPREGEN

Re: What to tell someone who wants to get in the business?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2011, 09:28 »
Before saying anything to people I would ask some questions

Why they want to be in the business?
Do they want to travel?
Why do they think they would be a good candidate?
How much do they expect to make?

Offline a|F

• Moderate User
Re: What to tell someone who wants to get in the business?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2011, 10:10 »
I have looked at the threads and searched the internet.  It is a lot of confusing information.  What would be a source to tell people who have a goal to work in the nuclear field the best place to go for information on the required education and training, positions available, and how to break into the business?  Most people I know were at one time ex-Navy and their training was the basis of a job.  That is not the only route today.  At one time, there were few females in the business as few went into the Navy, now it seems it is more open.   What have non-navy people done to break into the business in an organized fashion?   What colleges have good programs that lead to positions?

There are many jobs out there besides RP and operators.  How do you break into those jobs?  Is it all apprentice based union jobs? 

Are there more employers then Bartlett and DZ Atlantic?

Are there many jobs based on the Hazwopper training alone out there? 

www.nukeworker.com/forum

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?