Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Ned Vollstedt

Author Topic: Ned Vollstedt  (Read 8158 times)

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
  • Playing in the bathtub!!!
Ned Vollstedt
« on: Jan 03, 2012, 08:24 »
Ned died Thursday of an apparent heart attack.  Funeral services will be today in Vicksburg.  He will be missed.   :'(
Brave, brave Sir Robin, set forth from Camelot!!!!

RadDawg

Re: Ned Vollstedt
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2012, 01:47 »
Sad news, condolences to his family.

I worked with Ned in the TVA system years back, he was a good guy.

Offline liam

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2012, 06:10 »
Ned A. Vollstedt of Vicksburg died Friday, Dec. 30, 2011, at his home. He was 57.

Mr. Vollstedt was born in Iowa and lived in Vicksburg for 16 years. He was retired from Grand Gulf Nuclear Station in Port Gibson, where he was a health physicist. He served in the Navy and was a member of the American Legion. He was an ordained minister.

He was preceded in death by his father, Lyle Vollstedt; and a stepson, Shawn Upshaw.

Survivors include his wife, Beth Vollstedt of Vicksburg; a stepson, Shane Upshaw; three daughters, Mandy Falh of Ontario, Ore., Tawnia Bush of Carthage, N.Y., and Krystal Vollstedt of Arizona; a stepdaughter, Kim Upshaw of Vicksburg; his mother, Vera M. Vollstedt of Iowa; two sisters, Becky Vollstedt of Iowa, and Kathy George of St. Louis, Mo.; and three brothers, Steve Vollstedt, Ron Vollstedt and Tim Vollstedt, all of Iowa.

A memorial service will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Glenwood Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the hour of service.

Read more: The Vicksburg Post - Ned A Vollstedt

I served with Ned in Scotland in the eighties.  He was a good guy.

Offline azkidd

• RP Tech (Housemouse)
  • Moderate User
  • We Nationalize Banks!!
Ned Vollstedt
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2012, 10:35 »
Absolve, we beseech Thee, O Lord,
the soul of Thy servant Ned Vollstedt
from every bond of sin,
that being raised in the glory of the resurrection,
he may be refreshed among the Saints and Elect.
Through Christ our Lord.

Amen.

RIP my Friend...

LaFeet

« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2012, 03:12 »
Worked with ole Lead Head Ned at GG.  Enjoyed my time working for him.  Another good one that has moved on. :-[

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2012, 08:37 »
Worked with Ned abunch in the 90s mostly at Grand Gulf.  Spending shifts with Ned and Dale made it very difficult to stay out of trouble.  Ned was usually the adult keeping us from being fired!!  Being a great artist allowed him to come up with great ideas for t-shirts.  He was the driving force behind the banned shirt "GGNS - Mississippi's Nuclear Circus"
for those how remember.  I will miss him as will many that knew him.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

Offline cjhunter

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Jun 10, 2012, 01:13 »
Ned....you will truely be missed....What a great guy you were...Skull Orchard and friends will truely miss you. Thoughts and prayers go out to your loved ones.

Offline Pete McAllister

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Jun 26, 2012, 01:27 »
Ned what can we say but he was always finding a way to keep us on our toes. had some good times and will miss him.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?