Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Will sniper school improve my placement in the nuclear security program? honeypot

Author Topic: Will sniper school improve my placement in the nuclear security program?  (Read 8828 times)

Offline para227

• Very Lite User
Will sniper school improve my placement in the nuclear security program????

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke

Depends if yer on the inside or the outside.... ROFL [dowave]

ok, ok,  but somebody was gonna say it...
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Military training in general will be a leg up but the DOE may be a better place to look in your case. Perhaps at one of the NNSA sites.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
   I just watched an interview of Chris Kyle the subject of American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History. I am going to have to read it after listening to him, he did not glamorize the job but put and interesting perspective on the job.

para227 thanks for your service, I recently worked with an ex Marine sniper who served as a Marine sniper in Iraq it sounds like a very tough job.

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
I heard the Y12 Swat team from Oak Ridge TN  had the Number 1 Swat team for many years. Do not know if they are the current number 1 or how true this is since I heard  it and not verified it.  

About Y-12 Special Response Teams - The Department of Energy Y-12 Plant is located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee and is tasked with manufacturing and reworking nuclear weapon components, dismantling nuclear weapon components returned from the national arsenal, serves as the nation's storehouse for special nuclear material (SNM), and provides special production support to various programs.  The Special Response Teams (SRT) are tasked with the mission to protect nuclear weapon components and special nuclear material (SNM) with deadly force if necessary. These teams are filled with professionals that have served in the Military and local, state and federal Law Enforcement. It is not uncommon to find former Marines, Rangers, Special Forces, and Air Force Security Police veterans serving in various positions within the teams. Additional, all team members go through extensive initial training and regular testing to gain and keep their position. Qualification standards include bi-annual marksmanship testing with all team weapons. Some of  those qualifications include precision shooting while on the move (no easy skill),  obstacle course that includes engaging various targets while negotiating obstacles,  individual and team building assaults (CQB) in both day and night conditions, and various other physical and written test. In all, they receive more that ten times the annual training time of some Law Enforcement departments.

See More here.  http://www.specialoperations.com/Domestic/DOE/Y12.htm
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2012, 08:41 by thenukeman »

Offline para227

• Very Lite User
Thank you for the information. Have you heard anything about the creditability of G4S?

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
It looks like Bruce Power in Canada had the best SWAT team for the last 3 years.  Hanford and Lawrence Livermore of DOE have been in the Top 10.  This may be a diffrent competition than Y12 competed in.  This is the only one on line I seen.   See Here.  http://www.nationalswatchampionships.com/results.php                                         G4S Looks like they  are the world's largest security provider.  Do not know their credibility.  They probably do like most companies, take care of the LOYAL  good performers.  Basically loyalty is defined as doing what is required, not whining or bad mouthing your supervisor or company.  Going the extra mile when the situation requires.    
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G4S
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2012, 12:08 by thenukeman »

Offline gravityfree2003

• Lurker
in a simple way.. the answer is NO...   

It really doesn't matter if you have had sniper training or really any type of firearms training.  Each security program are required by the NRC to train and qualify each security officer regardless of prior training.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?