Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Medications and employment honeypot

Author Topic: Medications and employment  (Read 5049 times)

justing

Medications and employment
« on: Dec 06, 2011, 11:49 »
I was offered an SGPO position at a TVA nuclear facility. I have been to the physical, taken the MMPI, security says that I have enough references in my file. Today I went for my psychological evaluation, he said that my MMPI looked normal but two of my medications would have to be "signed off on" by the physician that gave my physical. A year and a half ago I started taking Adderoll after being diagnosed with ADHD, about four months ago I started taking a low dose antidepressant. These are the two medications I was referring to. The psychologist said that these medications are not on the list of drugs that will get you immediately turned down. He is getting my file from my psychologist and is going to contact my prescribing Dr.  Does anyone have any insight or advice for my situation?

Thanks

Graphic

Re: Medications and employment
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2011, 12:47 »
You should be okay.. there are a lot of people who have to go through this .. sometimes they don't even know about it if they don't see the psych. The MRO will look at it and should get back with the psych soon. Shouldn't take more than 24-48 hours really but in some cases it can take longer. (Lot of new hires etc) The psychs usually work for multiple plants and tend to get overloaded during outage times even though they usually do it all by webcam now if they need to interview anyone.

I don't think you will have any problems.. given your MMPI didn't declare you insane :) Good luck

AdamL

Re: Medications and employment
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2011, 11:55 »
You'll be fine.  Both of those medications are allowed and seen commonly.  The adderall is what they probably need more on.  It being an amphetamine (which is one of the 5 substances they look for during a urinalysis).  I just started the same prescription a few months ago and it was no biggie.  I also know people who were on active prescriptions of xanax which is often take as needed and can be much worse in regards to the FFD policy.

I hope this helped.  I'm in security and trying to move to the RP department... or any other department to get my foot in the door and into the Local 15.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?