Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Ken Batten honeypot

Author Topic: Ken Batten  (Read 8104 times)

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Ken Batten
« on: Jan 07, 2012, 08:30 »
It is with great sadness that I have to report that Ken Batten has passed away while working here at St. Lucie. He did not show up for work and was found yesterday where he was staying for the outage. I have no other details at this time.

I and many others here will remember him as a good man that always had a smile and friendly greeting for us and often a song to go with them. My heart goes out to his family.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline gammaman30

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Ken Batten
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2012, 03:58 »
Condolences to his family. Ken will be missed!

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2012, 08:41 »
I have worked with Ken off and on over the last 10 years.  He was a friendly guy and a good tech. 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

Offline vman333

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2012, 11:54 »
 :(  Will miss you Batman!  We last worked together at Oyster Creek in fall of 2010, before that at TVA.
The V Man

Offline "E"

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2012, 09:42 »
With Deepest Sympathy, All of us here at St Lucie
"You can sleep when you're dead"

Industry_event

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2012, 09:58 »
I worked with Ken on Unit-1 at Browns Ferry, he will be missed. Take care my brother.

Rome

fraz-me

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2012, 08:23 »
Worked with Ken many times over ther years. He always brought a smile to our face. He will be missed Rest in Peace my Brother!

Offline UMP

• Lurker
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2012, 09:45 »
He was a nice person and a lot of fun!! He will be missed by all at the TVA SQN Radiation Protection Department. RIP my friend!!!!!!     Ursula Petrovich and A.B. Carpenter

deepnote1965

« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2012, 09:02 »
Just worked with him @ North Anna ,roving with him, and helping me out..He always popped up when I needed or forgot something ,could always get a laugh if I needed one ( especially @ the equipment hatch).I always told him I would hate to get a head butt from him, then  I would have a broken neck!)lol..... seriously , you never know..

....... God bless to his family, rest in peace my brother, hope to see you again.

Offline radglo

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2012, 12:14 »
Tam and I were friends of Kenny's. He was a Christian, a good tech, and a good friend. While we will miss him and grieve, there is rejoicing in heaven of his homecoming. We will surely miss his wonderful singing, his kind heart, and his beautiful smile. See you soon...... friend.

Dusty and Tammie

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?