Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu B.I.T  

Author Topic: B.I.T  (Read 7550 times)

Offline bawb

• Very Lite User
B.I.T
« on: Jan 15, 2012, 09:26 »
My son has graduated prototype and has been selected for SPU. I am so proud of him.
Can anyone shed some light on what BIT is about?

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: B.I.T
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2012, 09:36 »
Basic instructor training.

All new instructors are given the basics of instructing.

It isn't a big deal.

"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2012, 09:38 »
Basic instructor training.

All new instructors are given the basics of instructing.

It isn't a big deal.

B.I.T. stands for Basic Instructor Techniques.  It is a course required for all new instructors (sea- returnee and SPU) prior to them assuming duties a staff instructor.

Cheers,
GC
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2012, 09:39 by Gamecock »
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline EM1Badger

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2012, 07:05 »
90% of the class is learning regulations associated with training. Maximum numbers of study hours you can assign, who has to approve remedial programs for different situations, how many students can be in a certain training event, etc. The regulations manual is HUGE and deals with every possible situation you could imagine.

10% of the class is play-acting dealing with problem students. "You are a student that has been discriminated against. You are his staff advisor that has just learned of this from another student. Roleplay how you would talk to the student about this" type stuff.

There is a test at the end that you must pass. It's pretty easy.

shocker

« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2012, 09:17 »
You all forgot: "Does that answer your question?"

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2012, 08:37 »

Do you feel as though you have received an adequate checkout?

"Truth is the Daughter of Inspiration;... It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

~Bruce Lee

Fermi2

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2012, 05:14 »

WTH!! The only proper response is look it up NUB!

Offline DontGoToNPTU

• Moderate User
« Reply #7 on: Apr 27, 2012, 08:25 »
WTH!! The only proper response is look it up NUB!

Yea they really s**t on us now a days for saying "NUB", so I have adopted the phrase Currently Unqualified Naval Trainee, haven't gotten s**t on for saying that by my LCC... yet. Of course I don't think he's figured it out.
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2012, 09:14 by Marlin »

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #8 on: Apr 27, 2012, 08:42 »
I can't stop laughing.
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline VCSInstNuke

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: Jun 07, 2012, 10:32 »
Wow, BIT has changed since I did it. Or maybe my memory is failing. I only remember the asbestos training, and "Doctor Dumpster" telling us what we could and could not throw away. Congrats to your son on being picked up for SPU. It set me on the path to success throughout the rest of my career.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?