Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu BWR

Author Topic: BWR  (Read 24658 times)

wlrun3@aol.com

Re: BWR
« Reply #25 on: Jan 28, 2012, 02:03 »

Does the location of the reactor feed water pumps differ in the model 4s?

Fermi2

« Reply #26 on: Feb 01, 2012, 11:17 »
When were you at Fermi?

Fermi2

« Reply #27 on: Feb 01, 2012, 11:18 »
Yup - at Quad - if you open a bunch of Safeties, DW Pressure comes up. They have some unquenched SRVs.
The ADS Valves I believe, are all piped to a submerged T quencher in the torus.

I am an SRO instructor, and was licensed at Clinton, worked as an instructor (or in some cases an NRC Exam Author) at Quad, Pilgrim, Duane Arnold, Fermi, River Bend, NMP, and Hatch.

You definitely weren't an instructor at Fermi. Did you write an exam there?

rlbinc

« Reply #28 on: Feb 02, 2012, 02:59 »
I wrote Fermi's (FRG Corp) 2006 NRC Exam.
(the one we had to re-write because the NRC lost it.)
I wrote a retake for someone too that year.

I also wrote Fermi's (NWI-LLC) 2008 NRC Exam.
Worked with Lynn Barker, Jay Sims, Rick Webster, Dave Coseo.
The whole fish bowl gang.

I like that bunch.

http://www.nwi-llc.com/expertise_robb.htm
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2012, 03:01 by rlbinc »

Fermi2

« Reply #29 on: Feb 02, 2012, 05:29 »
Ok you were there just after the Broadzilla era ended. Didn't that 2006 exam get stolen from a car?

BTW you worked with some great guys there. Lynn was an RO when I was an NLO. He upgraded to SRO in the same class I obtained my RO License then he worked for me every now and then when I became a Shift Manager. Great guy who will do anything for you.

Jay was a steal from another plant. We got on well and he more than anyone brough common sense to our clearance training program.

Rick and I drank a few together. Hard worker, low key.

Coz was my STA, smarter than you know what. I remember one night we ran into this problem where we inadvertantly added some demin water to SLC. I did a quick volume and weight balance and came up with yep we are ok. Coz went to his LOCKER, pulled out a dang calculus and higher math text. Found an equation that worked and did his own math. (Which BTW came to within about .0001% of what I calculated) While it concerned me as to why he had college text books in his locker I very much appreciated his willingness to figure things out. JUST don't let him drive!!

You worked with some awesome guys.

rlbinc

« Reply #30 on: Feb 06, 2012, 01:45 »
Didn't that 2006 exam get stolen from a car?

Yes, it was world famous.
So nice, got to write twice.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?