Facility & Company Information > Portsmouth

Portsmouth questions

(1/2) > >>

TrueNorth:
What's the plant like? (From the vantage point of someone with a desk job.)

Since the plant is shut down and getting cleaned up, is it mostly pretty empty except for pockets of activity scattered here and there?

Once you get there and park, how long does it usually take to get through security, walk to your office, etc?

Is there a cafeteria? Good, bad or average?

What I should know about Portsmouth ahead of time?

Marlin:
Depends the site has NRC and DOE regulated areas. The area is rural and pretty but has one of the highest poverty rates in Ohio. My wife worked there and seemed to like it in the plant but not so much in the area. Cincinnati is not that far away and has a lot of culture. The standing joke being there is no "sin" in Cincinnati. There are broadway shows good museums, a lot of good diverse restaurants, and festivals.

TrueNorth:
Hi Marlin, thanks for the reply.

Can you elaborate a bit more?

For instance, what didn't your wife like about the area and did she find out that some towns are to be preferred over others as places to live?

Marlin:

--- Quote from: TrueNorth on Jan 21, 2012, 05:01 ---For instance, what didn't your wife like about the area and did she find out that some towns are to be preferred over others as places to live?

--- End quote ---

Not much to do locally, except for those who work at the facility not much in common with local population.

atomicarcheologist:
I understand the worst part of the plant is the leg trap.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version