Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu West Valley honeypot

Author Topic: West Valley  (Read 41499 times)

LaFeet

Re: West Valley
« Reply #25 on: Apr 16, 2010, 02:59 »
Sure you have the right year?

no one here remembers you being here at that time and none of our techs who left at that time were even qualified to do "real tech work", they weren't here long enough to get there quals.

Yeah I have the right year. I was out there emptying the "sluice" from the trench tank.  I still think my shoes are in the little sealand office out there.

Offline tymekeeper

• Light User
« Reply #26 on: Apr 16, 2010, 04:37 »
Now I understand. You were @ West Valley with a company other than the actual RCT contractor. Maybe you were here with the Enercon(?) job. You weren't really exposed to the politics or the day to day at this job site.

LaFeet

« Reply #27 on: Apr 16, 2010, 05:49 »
Now I understand. You were @ West Valley with a company other than the actual RCT contractor. Maybe you were here with the Enercon(?) job. You weren't really exposed to the politics or the day to day at this job site.

No   I was not embroiled or had to suffer through the politics, but I did listen to them.   I was fortunate to not have to worry about that sinde we were in our own little world.

Prometheus

« Reply #28 on: Sep 08, 2010, 11:48 »
Looking to find out current state at West Valley.  I have heard a couple of the contractors are getting replaced and just wondering what is going on.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #29 on: Sep 08, 2010, 02:12 »
So, what is the West Valley story? When is SEC taking over? Is Cabrera staying there in any capacity? Who's got the inside scoop?

Offline tymekeeper

• Light User
« Reply #30 on: Nov 04, 2010, 03:08 »
Heard there was a per diem shake-up starting at West Valley now. Any news? Guess what started at SRS is spreading throughout the DOE sites.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #31 on: Nov 04, 2010, 03:42 »
Maybe more power plant techs will go to DOE (due to the higher wages) and plenty o' DOE techs will go to the powerplants (to get diem) for the spring outages due to the per diem shake ups.  Wouldn't that be interesting?   :D

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #32 on: Nov 05, 2010, 07:29 »
Do some research.  West Valley has some of the highest dose rates and contamination levels of any facility in the country.  You can sneeze and loose a building.  Try covering workers in PAPR'S and bubble suits. They also throw around the scheduling term " critical path " More than any outage I have ever been to.  It is all  $$$$$$.

Offline nukems

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #33 on: Nov 09, 2010, 11:46 »
Word on the street the attorney general is investigating Per Diem fraud at West Valley.  Along with unqualified senior rad techs and some problem with the integrity of the NRRPT.  Any scoop on this ?

Honest Abe

« Reply #34 on: Nov 14, 2010, 08:15 »
Word on the street the attorney general is investigating Per Diem fraud at West Valley.  Along with unqualified senior rad techs and some problem with the integrity of the NRRPT.  Any scoop on this ?

There are issues abound at WV that boggle my mind everyday I show up.

Offline Duke

• Very Lite User
« Reply #35 on: Aug 29, 2011, 02:49 »
I hear West Valley just laid off couple hundred union, managers and supervisors. Union back to 1995. Anyone got info?

twinturbo427

« Reply #36 on: Mar 28, 2013, 09:29 »
Anyone have any recent/current information on West Valley?

Offline macgator

• Light User
« Reply #37 on: Mar 29, 2013, 08:50 »
I know the management team is excellent, I worked with them at Rocky Flats and Idaho. They know how to run a safe and effective project. It is a high rad/high contam job, bring your "A" game.

twinturbo427

« Reply #38 on: Mar 29, 2013, 12:43 »
Thanks for the input.  +K

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?