Facility & Company Information > West Valley

West Valley

<< < (2/8) > >>

let-it-ride:
McNavy is right on with his assessment. The main holdups and problems are with managers. The program is run by job schedules, not Rad Controls. The plant manager stated when asked about a messy plant that " we only clean up when necessary".
Craft supervisors routinely order RCT's to violate procedures with no accountability when challanged.
The RCT Supervisors try to do their best, but their hands are tide with handcuffs by the RPM and RPM Manager. These two "Rad Con" people have round heels and ALWAYS roll over and give in to Milestones.
Most of the craft people are good people just trying to get by with a good job. The House Techs know their stuff and do not deserve the treatment they get from their Managers!!!
This is a nice area  and a good job overall. PLUS, ACTS, who has the contract, needs about 10 Techs.

LaFeet:

--- Quote from: let-it-ride on Apr 12, 2005, 06:12 ---McNavy is right on with his assessment. The main holdups and problems are with managers. The program is run by job schedules, not Rad Controls. The plant manager stated when asked about a messy plant that " we only clean up when necessary".
Craft supervisors routinely order RCT's to violate procedures with no accountability when challanged.
The RCT Supervisors try to do their best, but their hands are tide with handcuffs by the RPM and RPM Manager. These two "Rad Con" people have round heels and ALWAYS roll over and give in to Milestones.

--- End quote ---

Looks like they need a swift and hard look see from some decent (and strict) NRC gurus.  I am glad i did not take a job there now.

illegalsmile:
anybody got any recent info on West Valley? Is it starting to wind down? Who do we contact if we want to work there?

cotter:
I am looking for information on Westvalley DOE site. are they taking any long term techs and what company staffs the site thanks for and info kelly cotter

Dave Warren:

--- Quote from: cotter on May 17, 2009, 10:33 ---I am looking for information on Westvalley DOE site. are they taking any long term techs and what company staffs the site thanks for and info kelly cotter

--- End quote ---

Kelly, I know that Cabrera is the company you need to contact for West Valley.
Mark Kolhagen (mark.kolhagen@wves.org) is the Site Coordinator.
jbowen@cabreraservices.com is the contact for hiring.
Does that help?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version