Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Job in Japan? honeypot

Author Topic: Job in Japan?  (Read 8644 times)

richardakins21@yahoo.com

Job in Japan?
« on: Jan 26, 2012, 10:52 »
Hello. I am a student in a Rad Program in Knoxville and looking if I would be able to get in on the cleanup crew in Fukashima. I will be graduating with 40hr HAZWOPER and my DOE Core Card. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get in on the cleanup crews. Thank you.
Richard

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Job in Japan?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2012, 11:57 »
I was wondering if anyone knows how to get in on the cleanup crews. Thank you.
Richard

Be local, and be there by April 2011.

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2012, 08:57 »
Can you read and speak Japanese?
LM

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:30 »
あなたが読んで、日本語を話すことはできますか ?
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline snowman

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2012, 01:37 »
Long story short, few if any HP's from the US will ever see this project. CHP's, highly degreed people to observe and study the impact this accident has had on the area maybe. But craft people and technicians who will actually do the cleanup work will all come from the Phillipines and other surrounding areas who can speak the language and here's the biggie, who will come cheap and I do mean cheap. Sorry.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2012, 02:49 »
Basically what Snowman said. They are being paid about a dollar a millirem.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/world/japans-nuclear-temp-workers-exposed-to-unmeasured-risks-181692.html

IPREGEN

« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2012, 02:58 »
あなたが読んで、日本語を話すことはできますか ?

That's what I was thinking.

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2012, 03:57 »
あなたが読んで、日本語を話すことはできますか ?

I did at one time but can now barely count to ten, just like my spanish from two years of it in High School.   ;)

Offline Incline

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2012, 12:29 »
The rain will clean it up, at least the worst of it. I believe they are still trying to get a better handle on stopping the release. Like what was mentioned above, speak the language, work cheap, and have a CHP so you can be a consultant.

I would like go over and personally see how bad it is just to satisfy my own curiosity (like passing a bad car wreck), but their standards and culture are much different than ours and I don't believe I would care to actually work over there. I don't think workers are afforded the same rights in Japan as they are in the USA. I really think they are going to look in 3rd world countries for their labor on the clean up because workers from a country in turmoil will do the work and not complain as opposed to staying home in their tent and dodging bullets. 

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?