Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Questions on Prototype school in New York

Author Topic: Questions on Prototype school in New York  (Read 13042 times)

Offline ohitsalyssa22

• Very Lite User
Questions on Prototype school in New York
« on: Jan 26, 2012, 07:14 »
My husband is in school still but we have been hearing all about this school and really interested in going. The only problem is we were wondering what the housing is like on base if they even have it. We have a son we would clearly be bringing with us so it is kid friendly too? Also I would like to hear more what is on base or around it and what the life is like there. Thanks!!

drayer54

Re: Questions on Prototype school in New York
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2012, 07:22 »
My husband is in school still but we have been hearing all about this school and really interested in going. The only problem is we were wondering what the housing is like on base if they even have it. We have a son we would clearly be bringing with us so it is kid friendly too? Also I would like to hear more what is on base or around it and what the life is like there. Thanks!!
Base housing is in my opinion, a bit nicer in New York. At least it was a few years back. You will be eligible for BAH and able to get some decent rental properties there. Prices are better outside of horse racing season in Saratoga.

Google Saratoga Springs, NY for area information and things to do. I'm sure you'll find many things for the young un' to do in Saratoga as well.

Your husband will get much more information as the time for a decision comes close.

Good Luck,

DDD
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2012, 07:23 by Drayer »

Offline ohitsalyssa22

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2012, 10:57 »
Base housing is in my opinion, a bit nicer in New York. At least it was a few years back. You will be eligible for BAH and able to get some decent rental properties there. Prices are better outside of horse racing season in Saratoga.

Google Saratoga Springs, NY for area information and things to do. I'm sure you'll find many things for the young un' to do in Saratoga as well.

Your husband will get much more information as the time for a decision comes close.

Good Luck,

DDD

Thanks, so you lived in the houses in SC I take it, and they are better in NY? Sorry I am asking a lot but what do they look like? The only thing keeping me from moving is the weather in SC it is amazing but all my family is up north and I really want to move around while we can just concerned what the housing it like!
Thanks!
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2012, 11:04 by Marlin »

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2012, 11:28 »
Good lord. This was literally asked like a week ago. Do some research on here.

Offline ohitsalyssa22

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2012, 12:04 »
Good lord. This was literally asked like a week ago. Do some research on here.

I have been but havnt seen anything on what the housing is like. Just it is better.

drayer54

« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2012, 12:13 »
I have been but havnt seen anything on what the housing is like. Just it is better.
Interior decorating and design hasn't really caught on with the people of this forum.

If you want floor plans and details, you need to call the people who operate housing in New York.  Honestly, it's 6 months..... You'll make it.

Your husband will get a ton of info in his last week or so of power school. You'll like New York.

Good luck.…
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2012, 12:16 by Drayer »

Offline ohitsalyssa22

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2012, 12:50 »
Interior decorating and design hasn't really caught on with the people of this forum.

If you want floor plans and details, you need to call the people who operate housing in New York.  Honestly, it's 6 months..... You'll make it.

Your husband will get a ton of info in his last week or so of power school. You'll like New York.

Good luck.…

Oh okay!! Thank you!!!!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2012, 04:01 »

Thank you and your husband for your sevice the military can be hard on the family who supports the serviceman as well.

Good luck!!!    [salute]
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2012, 04:02 by Marlin »

Offline ohitsalyssa22

• Very Lite User
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2012, 10:48 »
Thank you! :)

Offline RCTMan

• Very Lite User
« Reply #10 on: Feb 29, 2012, 09:58 »
I've worked at KSO for a few months every year for the last 8ish years.  I LOVED it.  The area is great, the people are nice, and the bars are open till 0400!!!! 

You'll get use to the snow.

BAH is pretty good. Live off base, if you can even call it that.  It's pretty much a mini-nex, gym, and Navy Fed. 

Good luck, thank you and your hubby, and PLEASE tell him to go ELT/Sub.  Those surface guys are weird.....

LaFeet

« Reply #11 on: Mar 01, 2012, 10:03 »
All surface guys are weird... some of the women too. :P [whistle]

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #12 on: Mar 01, 2012, 11:04 »
All surface guys are weird... some of the women too. :P [whistle]

That said, the women are more deranged then the men. I have PROOF! :p

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #13 on: Mar 02, 2012, 09:35 »
There are great little restaurants all along Broadway in Saratoga Springs, they all beat the national chains around Exit Fifteen,...

amongst the best ( but not on Broadway, it's actually off Broadway) is the Olde Bryan Inn, a definite must for either your birthday, Valentine's Day or your anniversary,....

enjoy my county and my city, if you like horse racing you're gonna love the track, Fabulous Fillies Day is a must for a lot of the ladies, bring your wallet and your VISA card,...

and please drive careful in the snow,....please,...and get snow tires dammit!!!!!  :old: :P ;) :) 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Llama

• License Termination Manager
  • Moderate User
  • Have you hugged a llama today?
« Reply #14 on: Mar 02, 2012, 05:20 »
In June you have to go to Cambridge (rte 29 to rte 372) about 40 minutes away for the hot air ballon festival. Lots of art shops in town. Must have a meal at the Cambridge Hotel (home of pie ala mode). Hopefully I'll be home for that weekend.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?