Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu What else can I do? honeypot

Author Topic: What else can I do?  (Read 4295 times)

Offline mspack09

• Very Lite User
What else can I do?
« on: Feb 16, 2012, 09:08 »
Hello, I was a Navy nuke ET that got out in 2009.  I only did 4 years due to medical reasons that are no longer an issue.  I had applied to one company last summer, passed the POSS and did fine on the interview but did not get an offer for the NLO position.  A few months ago I hired on with an oil company as an electronics technician and will probably have a year in that before I start applying.  I have almost completed my BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology from Excelsior College and plan to apply again once I finish the degree.  I believe I can do better at my next interview, but I was wondering what else can I do until I finish my degree to better my chances of getting hired?    Any advice would be very much appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: What else can I do?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2012, 01:02 »
Hello, I was a Navy nuke ET that got out in 2009.  I only did 4 years due to medical reasons that are no longer an issue.  I had applied to one company last summer, passed the POSS and did fine on the interview but did not get an offer for the NLO position.  A few months ago I hired on with an oil company as an electronics technician and will probably have a year in that before I start applying.  I have almost completed my BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology from Excelsior College and plan to apply again once I finish the degree.  I believe I can do better at my next interview, but I was wondering what else can I do until I finish my degree to better my chances of getting hired?    Any advice would be very much appreciated.  Thank you for your time. 

Since you found NW, look around and try searching, i.e., "Search"!  There are a lot of answers here, but if you don't look before you ask you will get hammered.  Your question has been answered -several times - again - this site has a very good search function.
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

IPREGEN

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2012, 02:36 by IPREGEN »

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
Re: What else can I do?
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2012, 01:48 »
We have similar circumstances, sounds like you just need to brush up on your interview skills :p

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?