Career Path > Different Country

Starting out in the UK

(1/1)

nvynuke86:
I apologize for double posting... I posted this in the 'Getting Started' area. I was thinking I would get some more help over here. Thanks.
Hey Everyone,
First I must say I used this board a lot when I first got out of the Navy last year. I was an ELT, then got out and got a job as a Senior Rad Tech, mostly from the advice I found on this board. I am now an RPS, and things are going very well. I wanted to offer that to any nukes about to get out, or recently discharged.
I am now trying to find some info for my new brother in law. My sister met a guy studying in England, and has recently married him. She can't get a job there, and he is looking for something new. I told him, that if he is willing to work, the nuc community will offer a good life (money at least).
He doesn't have any nuke/science background what so ever. I know there are some schools in the US that have an RP training program. Does the UK have anything like that?
I have heard about Radwise, but are they similar to Bartlett? Meaning, do they hire new people and get them trained as a juniors and so on? Are there any companies there that offer something like that?
It would be great if anyone has some advice, or anything I can forward to him.
Thanks in advance

Scenario03:
www.edfenergy.com in the UK

If you navigate, you'll find the nuke page, then find a page for "nuclear apprentices". There is a video. It basically seems like Navy nuke school, extended to 4 years. 2 years in the classroom, 2 years in a prototype scenario. After the first year, they break you up into mechanics, electricians, and technicians (No way!). It was like deja vu.

Something to look into.

Fermi2:

--- Quote from: Scenario03 on Apr 28, 2012, 06:15 ---www.edfenergy.com in the UK

If you navigate, you'll find the nuke page, then find a page for "nuclear apprentices". There is a video. It basically seems like Navy nuke school, extended to 4 years. 2 years in the classroom, 2 years in a prototype scenario. After the first year, they break you up into mechanics, electricians, and technicians (No way!). It was like deja vu.

Something to look into.

--- End quote ---

Non quals shouldn't give advice....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version