Facility & Company Information > Palo Verde

Palo Verde Hiring Cycle? AO...

(1/2) > >>

RyanPease:
Hey everyone,

I was just curious about whether PVNGS had a hiring "cycle" per se... Is there a season or time when they hire people? I am looking to get into an auxiliary operator position in about three years when my Air Force enlistment is up. Hope I didn't make that sound like I can just slide into a slot b/c I know that I can't (esp since I have 0 nuclear experience). I plan on preparing and studying for the POSS and turning my 2 year mech and electrical degree into a 4 year degree, and hopefully do some more prep. Anywho, I don't want to get out with no job lined up b/c of familial health issues, I need continuity in benefits but I'm tired of military lifestyle. I have been looking to see how often AO jobs are listed at APS and in 4 months I have seen NONE! Is this normal? I grew up around PVNGS and knew lots of operators who loved their jobs and had a great quality of life provided to them and their families and that's kind of what got me into power production in the Air Force. Any suggestions?

ski2313:
and in 4 months I have seen NONE!

From what I have seen, typically utilities hire operators in relatively large groups because of training limitations. Depending on staffing needs, it may be a few years between hiring cycles. Posting a job opening every two years and hiring a dozen guys may be close to the norm, but I'm sure others will weigh in and adjust that figure.

RyanPease:
Hey thanks for the info. It appears no one else has weighed in so you are probably right on the money!

Fermi2:

--- Quote from: RyanPease on Mar 05, 2012, 09:13 ---Hey thanks for the info. It appears no one else has weighed in so you are probably right on the money!

--- End quote ---

I'll venture a guess that many haven't weighed in because they believe snowflakes should use the search function more.

HydroDave63:

--- Quote from: Broadzilla on Mar 06, 2012, 07:23 ---I'll venture a guess that many haven't weighed in because they believe snowflakes should use the search function more.

--- End quote ---

Study and checking the APS website is about all that you can do for now, but in the meantime, click my signature bar and have fun searching! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version