1 (7.1%)
King's Bay
3 (21.4%)
Pearl
5 (35.7%)
Bangor
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Duty Station  (Read 3887 times)

Offline johnigma

• Light User
  • keep on shimming, keep on shiiiiming!
Duty Station
« on: Jan 10, 2005, 01:28 »
I'm currently a SPU at NPTU Chas and I'm not sure where I would like to go afterward (although I'm sure that information is entirely inconsequential)

Everyone here seems experienced (see: old ;))  Maybe I could have some suggestions
girls are pretty

Flooznie

Re: Duty Station
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2005, 12:22 »
If you can, go to a trident!  Either Kings Bay or Bangor are excellent locations!  Try not to go to a fast boat if you can.  Fast boat life sucks, esp if you are married.  Fast boats are cramped, you hotrack when you are a junior guy, and your schedule is written in mud.  Tridents are bigger, way better quality of life, and if you are married, you can plan your life!  SSN stands for Saturdays, Sundays, and Nights.  You will also find that once you do your sea tour and shore tour and you try to rotate back to sea, there are NO TRIDENT billets open!!!!!  There is a big reason for this.  Four years later, you will say to yourself, "Damn ET1 was right!  Tridents ARE better than fast boats!!!"

ET1 (SS)

taterhead

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2005, 01:35 »
I am a surface guy.

However, I have been stationed  in WA State and Norfolk.

I have only heard about Groton, and I grew up in Georgia.

Kings Bay:  Oppressive Heat.  If you like hot and muggy, good fit.

Norfolk:  Navy USA.  However, if you have a family, VA can be a good place.  I liked Williamsburg...tried to go there as much as possible.  Don't fear the Peninsula, it's a good thing.

Washington:  Weather is temperate.  Never really gets too cold or too hot.  Traffic is negligible.  Schools are good.  Air is clean.  Oh, and it rains.  The normal color for Oct-May is gray.  Close proximity to cold weather sports.  Easy car/ferry trip to Seattle, a great city.  I am a fan of WA, and will go there next hands down. 

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2005, 04:11 »
Kings Bay is the only one in the South!
(In Norfolk the cornbread is sweet and the tea ain't!)

Boomer life is the way to go if you have a family or want to get some college!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?