Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Letters after name honeypot

Author Topic: Letters after name  (Read 7810 times)

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
Letters after name
« on: Mar 15, 2012, 07:07 »
Final tuneup on resume is ongoing.  I am lucky enough to claim a couple sets of letters after my name.  I'm not sure using both is best move.   I can be Grantime,CHP RRPT or more simply Grantime, CHP.  Is more less in this case?  The resumes will stay within Health Physics but not necessarily in Nuclear power.  I rarely use either normally.
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Letters after name
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2012, 07:44 »
Final tuneup on resume is ongoing.  I am lucky enough to claim a couple sets of letters after my name.  I'm not sure using both is best move.   I can be Grantime,CHP RRPT or more simply Grantime, CHP.  Is more less in this case?  The resumes will stay within Health Physics but not necessarily in Nuclear power.  I rarely use either normally. 

For a professional resume stick to the overriding - Grantime, CHP.
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Chimera

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2012, 10:19 »
Yeah - what OldHP said.

From another old(er) HP.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2012, 10:22 »
Three out of three ancient HPs agree - CHP is the way to go.

BTW Chimera -- I don't think it is possible that you are older than OldHP.

Edited to correct for space-happy thumb.
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2012, 11:08 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2012, 10:36 »
Three out of three ancient HPs agree - CHP is the way to go.

BTW Chimera -- I don't think it is possible that you are older than Old HP.
   [hijack] Some ancient HPs are having problems... eyesight, name recognition, cranial flatulence... I didn't see Old HP in this discussion.  OldHP was.  I'm not sure who is older, as I don't know Chimera (at least I don't think I do), however if I were a betting man, I'd put money on OldHP.
 [rulez] I now return this thread to it's topic... IMHO, CHP trumps NRRPT and so should be the only letters after the name.
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2012, 10:37 by peteshonkwiler »
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Chimera

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2012, 03:25 »
(laughing to myself)  The "old(er)" comment wasn't meant to imply more years.  It was more along the lines of, "I may be getting older but I refuse to get old."  Besides, I'm only 63.  I wasn't there when they pulled the rods on the sun but I did read the Incident Report.

Offline OldHP

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2012, 05:29 »
(laughing to myself)  The "old(er)" comment wasn't meant to imply more years.  It was more along the lines of, "I may be getting older but I refuse to get old."  Besides, I'm only 63.  I wasn't there when they pulled the rods on the sun but I did read the Incident Report. 

I may be one of the older active folks, but I too refuse to be old!   8)
Humor is a wonderful way to prevent hardening of the attitudes! unknown
The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. Regan

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2012, 06:18 »
It's starting to smell musty in here! ;) Haha!
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline grantime

• Heavy User
  • Retired Plant Health Physicist CHP, NRRPT
« Reply #8 on: Mar 16, 2012, 07:03 »
I bow to wisdom of my elders.   ;D. Grantime, CHP it is.  Thanks
breath in, breath out, move on----j buffett

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?