Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Bachelor's Officers Quarters (BAQ)?  

Author Topic: Bachelor's Officers Quarters (BAQ)?  (Read 3846 times)

Offline Llewellyon

• Light User
Bachelor's Officers Quarters (BAQ)?
« on: Mar 15, 2012, 10:40 »
Hey, I should be working up in DC starting in July for about six months as part of the NUPOC program. I was wondering if BAQ is an option for people in the NR engineer position? I know I'll only be in DC for about six months before I have to go to Bettis, so I don't see much sense in renting an apartment for a year when I'll only be living in it for six months before I have to go up to Pittsburg for the other six months.

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
Re: Bachelor's Officers Quarters (BAQ)?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2012, 08:23 »
The six months is crucial.   If slightly less than 6 months and you should get per diem.  If over six months no per diem. I have been out for awhile so  things may have changed.  As a Army Nuke officer, Officers assigned to  school which was slightly less than 6 months got per diem. NUPOC may be different. I know as a Road HP people get per diem for less than a year work at a jobsite and that may be the case for you. Ask about per diem and BAQ and see if someone can send it to you in writing or if they have a website you can go to that gives you the information.  Someone in your program should be able to tell you. 

Offline klj3827

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2012, 09:53 »
The earliest you'll detach for BRES is the end of February, so that equates to about 7 months.  You won't find out until the fall when you'll be sent to BRES (either the class that starts in March or the class that starts in September), so there is a chance you'll be at NRHQ for over a year before detaching to Pittsburgh.

Most engineers sign a year-long lease, and break the lease when they get orders to BRES.  Make sure whatever lease you sign has a military clause, which will protect you from paying absurd fees for breaking your lease.  If you have more questions, send me a PM.

Offline Llewellyon

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2012, 01:47 »
Thanks for the info. I had no idea that some leases had military clauses in them. I'll be sure to ask when I go up there looking for an apartment.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?