Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Would you do it again?

Author Topic: Would you do it again?  (Read 19764 times)

Offline NukeNTO

• Moderate User
Re: Would you do it again?
« Reply #25 on: Apr 14, 2012, 02:57 »
Yes I'd dol it again.  I'm glad I'm done now, but I don't regret my decision to join.  Learned a lot, got paid pretty well and my experience got me my current job. 

Offline Jechtm

• Moderate User
« Reply #26 on: Apr 17, 2012, 08:42 »
Just do it.

Really.

I was at gamestop for a few years, now im ready to start as an elt on the worlds most advanced submarine. Its life changing.
"Truth is the Daughter of Inspiration;... It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

~Bruce Lee

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #27 on: Apr 17, 2012, 09:08 »
Lemme see how many different smartass answers I can come up with...

Probably.  If I could go back in time and change one decision, that one would not be the top of the list.

No.  If I could go back, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have needed to join the Navy.

No.  Doing it again would be silly, having done it once already.

No.  If I were aware at the time of the other options and opportunities that were available to me then, I would have picked one of them.

But, if I were to go back, with the same circumstances that I lived under at the time, and having no power to change them , Hell Yeah, I would do it.  Only, this time, I'd do it BETTER!!!
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2012, 09:10 by Already Gone »
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Rod Puller

• Light User
« Reply #28 on: Apr 19, 2012, 08:23 »
Absolutely.  I was a perpetual underachiever academically until I went through the NNPP.  Now I embrace every challenge I encounter.  For most (not all) it will be an experience that you can grow from emotionally, intellectually, and financially.  None of my friends from high school can come close to what I made in the Navy and what I'm making now that I'm out and in the commercial industry.  On top of that, your sea stories will ALWAYS* make you a popular guy in social settings.

*Assuming you don't end up on a boomer.  Then you do nothing and have nothing to talk about.  Unless you were on the USS Tennessee or in the vicinity of the Cumberland River in the spring of 2008.
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2012, 11:35 by Rod Puller »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #29 on: Apr 19, 2012, 11:27 »
Absolutely.  I was a perpetual underachiever academically until I went through the NNPP.  Now I embrace every challenge I encounter.  For most (not all) it will be an experience that you can grow from emotionally, intellectually, and financially.  None of my friends from high school can come close to what I made in the Navy and what I'm making now that I'm out and in the commercial industry.  On top of that, your sea stories will ALWAYS* make you a popular guy in social settings.

A very common theme for Navy Nukes. Rickovers nuclear plantation has instilled work ethic in many a young squid.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?