Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Japan honeypot

Poll

Is it just me, or is anyone else waiting for a contract to pop up in Japan?

Yes
59 (76.6%)
No
18 (23.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Japan  (Read 64341 times)

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
Re: Japan
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2011, 08:51 »
the longer lived stuff is particulates, no?

By now, even the gaseous radionuclides have found a partner and are in the large body of liquid of the Pacific, or the solid critters residing therein.

. As for the ship, a simple counter measure wash down and deck scrubbing would be sufficient to rid of any contamination on the ship, and their staff is plenty for that O.o

And any that came in the gaseous route, they have thousands of those portable air filtering units in the blue camo outfits.

As radcon goes....stick to ops  :P
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:55 by HydroDave63 »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2011, 08:56 »
the longer lived stuff is particulates, no?

When will ever get these nubs to use "search buttons"    [devious]

Currently, spent nuclear fuel remains in temporary storage at nuclear power plants around the country. If the nuclear waste repository at Yucca Mountain opens, it will provide permanent disposal for spent nuclear fuel and other high-level radioactive wastes. Wherever spent nuclear fuel is stored, the short-lived iodine-131 it contains will decay away quickly and completely. However, the long-lived iodine-129 will remain for millions of years. Keeping it from leaking into the environment, requires carefully designed, long-term safeguards.

http://www.epa.gov/radiation/radionuclides/iodine.html

thenuttyneutron

« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2011, 04:33 »
When will ever get these nubs to use "search buttons"    [devious]

Currently, spent nuclear fuel remains in temporary storage at nuclear power plants around the country. If the nuclear waste repository at Yucca Mountain opens, it will provide permanent disposal for spent nuclear fuel and other high-level radioactive wastes. Wherever spent nuclear fuel is stored, the short-lived iodine-131 it contains will decay away quickly and completely. However, the long-lived iodine-129 will remain for millions of years. Keeping it from leaking into the environment, requires carefully designed, long-term safeguards.

http://www.epa.gov/radiation/radionuclides/iodine.html

One of the nasty 7.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #78 on: Mar 20, 2012, 08:38 »
A year later, with appreciation from the residents:

« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2012, 08:42 by HydroDave63 »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #79 on: Mar 20, 2012, 09:17 »
A year later, with appreciation from the residents:

Thank you very much for the post, I did tear up a bit. I lived in Japan as a young boy, I went through Jr High and my freshman year of High School there and have always had fond memories of Japan and the Japanese people I met there.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?