Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu License questions honeypot

Author Topic: License questions  (Read 5249 times)

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
License questions
« on: Mar 06, 2012, 04:09 »
No... not THAT license....   State journeyman licenses. Does anyone know if "navy experience" is equivalent to "applicable experience"?

Like would a MM get a mechanical license, or EM get electrical license, etc etc. If anyone has done this, Id appreciate some information.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
Re: License questions
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2012, 04:41 »
You might want to look at a Department of Labor certification, actually.  We did have one member of our shop who came in as a journeyman because he was able to get a DOL cert. for his Navy experience. 

I'll try to get some info from him and get it posted here for you and any others who might be able to look at that route.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2012, 05:19 »
You might want to look at a Department of Labor certification, actually.  We did have one member of our shop who came in as a journeyman because he was able to get a DOL cert. for his Navy experience. 

I'll try to get some info from him and get it posted here for you and any others who might be able to look at that route.

Thanks!  Should I go down to local IBEW and ask around there as well? I'm not sure how all this stuff works tbh.

Offline jams723

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2012, 07:10 »
No... not THAT license....   State journeyman licenses. Does anyone know if "navy experience" is equivalent to "applicable experience"?

Like would a MM get a mechanical license, or EM get electrical license, etc etc. If anyone has done this, Id appreciate some information.

I got out of the Navy certified by the dept. Of labor as a journeyman in electrical maintenance.  But I had to document my hours while in the navy in their apprentencship program... Logbook and signatures by my LPO.  I do not think they will just give you credit towards the program.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2012, 07:41 »
I got out of the Navy certified by the dept. Of labor as a journeyman in electrical maintenance.  But I had to document my hours while in the navy in their apprentencship program... Logbook and signatures by my LPO.  I do not think they will just give you credit towards the program.

theres a boiler and pipe fitting union in town, Im going to check with them tomorrow about what they require.

edit: doing research online, they seem to be fairly military friendly.
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2012, 07:41 by Starkist »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?