Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu First outage on Monday

Author Topic: First outage on Monday  (Read 5499 times)

Offline mikeag81

• Very Lite User
First outage on Monday
« on: Mar 24, 2012, 08:34 »
I report to my very first outage Monday and I have never worked in the industry.  So my question is...what is the typical dress code at a plant?  I know I will just be doing training for the first two weeks, so I imagine jeans and a polo with my safety shoes would probably work.  Is this about right?  Thanks.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
Re: First outage on Monday
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2012, 09:25 »
That would be about right.  Some, but very few, nuclear plants require long-sleeved shirts.  This is normal in the electric power industry, but nukes are not normal by any means.  You will likely find a lot of people wearing scrubs if there is an outage going on.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2012, 10:31 »
I report to my very first outage Monday and I have never worked in the industry.  So my question is...what is the typical dress code at a plant?  I know I will just be doing training for the first two weeks, so I imagine jeans and a polo with my safety shoes would probably work.  Is this about right?  Thanks.

Yes, avoid any synthetics that could generate static electricity and don't wear anything you do not want to lose. This is assuming you will be working in the radiologically controlled areas.

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2012, 08:12 »
Yes, avoid any synthetics that could generate static electricity and don't wear anything you do not want to lose. This is assuming you will be working in the radiologically controlled areas.
Cotton, cotton, cotton. 

nu-nuker

« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2012, 09:52 »
what is your job title? Where are you working at?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?