Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Interview for NLO position at Turkey Point

Author Topic: Interview for NLO position at Turkey Point  (Read 6752 times)

Offline POMRWS

• Lurker
Interview for NLO position at Turkey Point
« on: Mar 28, 2012, 04:40 »
Hello all, I'm brand new here, figured this was the best place to come looking for some answers.

Currently I work as a Meter Reader for Florida Power and Light (Subsidiary of NextEra Energy). Last week I was invited to take the POSS test for positions available at the Turkey Point plant south of Homestead, FL. I passed the test and got an e-mail on Monday to interview down in Miami for the job on Thursday. The company is trying very hard to place any qualified meter reader into another position within the company because about 80% of meter readers state wide will be laid off within the next 7-8 months.

I'm not exactly sure if this is an interview with the actual hiring manager or just with the recruiter. But in any event, I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to potential questions they might ask at the interview. I'm extremely excited about the opportunity and REALLY want to land the job to get out of the area I'm currently living in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

drayer54

Re: Interview for NLO position at Turkey Point
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2012, 05:01 »
Hello all, I'm brand new here, figured this was the best place to come looking for some answers.

Currently I work as a Meter Reader for Florida Power and Light (Subsidiary of NextEra Energy). Last week I was invited to take the POSS test for positions available at the Turkey Point plant south of Homestead, FL. I passed the test and got an e-mail on Monday to interview down in Miami for the job on Thursday. The company is trying very hard to place any qualified meter reader into another position within the company because about 80% of meter readers state wide will be laid off within the next 7-8 months.

I'm not exactly sure if this is an interview with the actual hiring manager or just with the recruiter. But in any event, I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to potential questions they might ask at the interview. I'm extremely excited about the opportunity and REALLY want to land the job to get out of the area I'm currently living in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

[PM]

Offline POMRWS

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2012, 05:36 »
PM'ed you back!

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2012, 05:48 »
You can PM me.

Offline Incline

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2012, 10:14 »
Think of situations where you showed Teamwork, Integrity (doing the right thing even when no-one is looking), and Safety for the soft-skilled part of the interview. It helps if a problem was identified and you were part of the solution or had input to overcome the problem.
They're are others that have already sent you a PM that will be more helpful than myself on the technical part of the interview.
Good luck and remember that Turkey Pont is a stepping stone to St. Lucie. lol

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?