Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Loss of offsite power honeypot

Author Topic: Loss of offsite power  (Read 18349 times)

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Loss of offsite power
« on: Apr 06, 2012, 10:04 »
Does anyone know what caused the recent loss of offsite power? Thanks.

Fermi2

Re: Loss of offsite power
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2012, 10:28 »
Yes, Offsite Power went away.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2012, 11:15 »

And don't forget to tune in tomorrow for our next edition of the 'Ask Mr. Obvious' show.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2012, 11:57 »

Very helpful. Thank you for clarifying.

Chimera

« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2012, 02:48 »
LMAO

twinturbo427

« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2012, 02:36 »
http://www.lakewyliepilot.com/2012/04/09/1492459/duke-probes-power-loss-at-nuclear.html

"Electricity from a switchyard feeding the plant lost energy just after 8 p.m. Wednesday, Pettit said, but it’s not clear where the problem occurred. “Everything worked as designed,” he said. “Unit 1 tripped and all four (backup) diesel generators started” to supply the plant with power. The event was declared over at 1:38 a.m. Thursday."

The cause of the power loss at the switchyard is still under investigation.  Aliens refueling is my guess :P  tt427

HeavyD

« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2012, 03:16 »
During meeting this morning here (here is NOT Catawba mind you, so take with grain of salt), this was discussed.  Manager statement was that a fire occurred, initial cause suspected to be 48v DC power supply.  Possible Part 21 issue.  No other info at this time. 

Any other thoughts/information along these lines?

twinturbo427

« Reply #7 on: Apr 10, 2012, 10:50 »
found this in my inbox:

http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/news/2012/12-016-ii.pdf

just a bit more info, not meant to be inflammatory or derogatory :)

Thank you HeavyD for the post/reply. +K
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2012, 10:53 by twinturbo427 »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?