Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NLO MATH TEST..... ADVICE

Author Topic: NLO MATH TEST..... ADVICE  (Read 8001 times)

Offline rdruschel

• Lurker
NLO MATH TEST..... ADVICE
« on: Apr 22, 2012, 02:00 »
I am looking for any advice on upcoming nlo math test. Four hour math test, first part is without the use of calculator and second part is with calculator. Last time I took it I got 77% needed 80% to advance to second round of testing. Any help with test would be greatly appreciated.

Offline cheme09

• Moderate User
Re: NLO MATH TEST..... ADVICE
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2012, 08:37 »
Trying to "beat the test" is never a good strategy.  In some cases, there may be some strategies like cross out the obvious incorrect answers, or read the answers first, etc.  But this is a math test.  The easiest way to pass a math test is to know how to do math. 

You have already taken the test.  You know what type of material is presented and how it will be presented.  You know what areas you were less comfortable with.  Go back to your basics and just practice. 

Offline Papa Nuc

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2012, 10:38 »
Good advice from Cheme.  What level of math are we talking about here?

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2012, 05:11 »
STUDY TRIGONOMETRY AND ALGEBRA WITHOUT A CALCULATOR WOULD BE MY SUGGESTION.

on a serious note, being familiar with how to perform "SOHCAHTOA" equations with the trig chart is pretty much required for these types of tests.

Which company is this for? Is it the BSMT?
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2012, 05:12 by Starkist »

Offline Papa Nuc

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2012, 07:18 »
No calculators allowed on the BMST as far as I know.

Offline Starkist

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2012, 10:21 »
No calculators allowed on the BMST as far as I know.

Some companies will give that test with others, just trying to narrow down which test(s) it actually is.

Offline Bradtv

• Moderate User
  • NukeLurker
« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2012, 01:22 »
I am also curious as to narrowing down the exact name of this test.  I posted something then realized it was irrelevant as you are not describing the POSS test (though it may be a modified version).  Advice is similar to that for the math section of the POSS though.  Practice without a calculator.  Then confirm with a calculator.  Sounds like you're already comfortable with the second part.  Time yourself and attempt to complete things faster.

Sorry for not being more helpful.
"Life is pleasant.  Death is peaceful.
It's the transition that's troublesome."  -Asimov

Offline RANZUR

• Lurker
« Reply #7 on: Jun 25, 2012, 11:35 »
To practice math of all kinds go to kahnacademy.com. There you will find tutorials and be able to practice while keeping up with your progress.

Offline silverbullet02

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Jun 27, 2012, 12:10 »
Is this a test to get hired or are you in the training program?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?