Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu OPG NOIT interview, waiting to hear back honeypot

Author Topic: OPG NOIT interview, waiting to hear back  (Read 50190 times)

Offline blurjaysfan21

• Very Lite User
OPG NOIT interview, waiting to hear back
« on: May 02, 2012, 09:25 »
has anyone had an interview with opg nuclear in the past 6 months, if so has anyone heard back ? It's been almost 2 months and I havnt heard anything other then the security clearance. But there has been no job offer and they havnt called my work references. Anyone else hear back ??

Offline Marcus67

• Light User
Re: OPG NOIT interview, waiting to hear back
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 02:59 »
I had an interview and it went really good! haven't heard anything back though either.

Offline blurjaysfan21

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 08:49 »
I had an interview and it went really good! haven't heard anything back though either.
.      did they complete your security clearance already? mine didn't go that great lol but still it's been awhile and would like to know ither way. When was your interview ?

Offline Marcus67

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 10:51 »
Beginning of March, and no haven't heard about security yet. Yeh I just want to know for sure! I would like to start my life lol.

Offline blurjaysfan21

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 11:18 »
Well Marcus your not alone lol. I had my interview march 5th . I emailed he ladie last week to see if they made any decisions and she hasn't got back to me do who friggin knows man

Offline Marcus67

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 12:26 »
Yeah well something to hear would be welcome, either to move on or start working, preferably working lol. You apply for the rad tech posting they just took down? I've just got a confirmation from applying so far, I dont expect to hear anything for a while as the posting just closed a few days ago.

Offline blurjaysfan21

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 03:08 »
No I didnt as it wasnt a permanent

Offline blurjaysfan21

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 09:46 »
so they have sent out offers already for the first start date, also they have cut the number of people there hiring probably due to internals

Offline Marcus67

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 03:20 »
Damn, well I was under the understanding that the start date for Darlington is in Sept. Does that mean its still hopeful that some time in the summer calls might go out for that start date? Did you get the job or did someone fill you in from the inside that calls went out? I write for the rad tech position on monday too so not all hope is lost for getting in. I hope they keep a short list of candidates for later on in the year to hire off of as they need operators!

Offline blurjaysfan21

• Very Lite User
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 06:05 »
I havnt recieved an offer, but we will know hopfully in the next couple of weeks on the sept start date. Did you check to see if your security clearance went through ? You can always contact HR and see where you stand.

Offline Marcus67

• Light User
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 06:58 »
Not sure about my security clearance. Where would I find that out where I stand on that?

Offline mustang88

• Lurker
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 06:21 »
Damn, well I was under the understanding that the start date for Darlington is in Sept. Does that mean its still hopeful that some time in the summer calls might go out for that start date? Did you get the job or did someone fill you in from the inside that calls went out? I write for the rad tech position on monday too so not all hope is lost for getting in. I hope they keep a short list of candidates for later on in the year to hire off of as they need operators!

You wrote the testing for the Rad Tech position already? My heart is broken Lol. I applied on the very first day the posting came out for the Rad Tech position. I have been remaining hopeful, as the guys I know that already work there tell me it takes months to hear back after submitting an application. I'm pretty sad to see they have already called and done testing.

Offline blurjaysfan21

• Very Lite User
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 11:36 »
Marcus did u recieve my MSG about cOntacting hr? Its nearing the end of the month so we should be hearing back shortly so I'll keep you posted. Also just found out a few guys the work at the same company as me also had interviews and have not heard back for the sep start date . Is it for darlington? I read somthing the other day about pickering being one of the world worst nuclear plant in the world and darlington one of the best, also talked about cutting numbers and that there wages are to high

Offline Marcus67

• Light User
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 07:21 »
Hey oh ya i got your message sorry im on vacation right now. Oh that's good if I hear anything i'll let you know as well so we're not just sitting here waiting. I think this one is for Darlington yes. I know Pickering is an older plant than the Darlington plant and is being decomissioned by 2020 I believe. I haven't toured through either one though to tell you if its not as good as the other though. The wages and cutting is what I've heard as well.

Offline stew

• Very Lite User
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 09:50 »
I was contacted yesterday and invited to do testing on May 31st. I have already completed the operator testing and was told I passed but didn't get an interview. Is it the same test? Should I tell them I already did the test?

Offline Marcus67

• Light User
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012, 07:48 »
Hmm I'm not sure! I did the operator testing and did great on the interview, im not sure what this testing your going to is? did you apply for the rad tech position as well? Let me know how it goes and what you find out the testing is for. Good luck to you!

Offline stew

• Very Lite User
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 01:14 »
When I replied to say I wanted to complete the test I told them I also tested for operator. I was told I only have to do 2 of the tests as the other 2 overlap with the operator testing. And passed the 2 operator tests.

I've just completed my 1st year of power engineering and plan on going to the 2nd year. But I still want to do the testing and hopefully get an interview. I didn't get an interview for operator the 1st time and now I can't re-do the operator test for 3 years.

I wonder if I'm better off accepting an offer for rad tech vs finish college and hope I get an interview for operator?

Offline Marcus67

• Light User
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 06:59 »
Oh ok I see what you wrote for. Yeah I too only had to write 1 test as 3 of them overlapped. I was told at the testing that the rad tech position was for 2013 and for 10 weeks of training then call you back for a 4-12 week outage. I'm not sure what kind of credit being a rad tech is so i really dont want to recommend that you take something over the other. I always feel the education will always help you though but thats me. Anyways let me know if you get emailed for an interview because I think they're interviewing early/mid june.

Offline blurjaysfan21

• Very Lite User
« Reply #18 on: Jun 07, 2012, 01:47 »
Still havnt heard anything ?

Offline Marcus67

• Light User
« Reply #19 on: Jun 07, 2012, 08:17 »
Heard nothing.

Offline stew

• Very Lite User
« Reply #20 on: Jun 14, 2012, 05:15 »
I haven't heard either.

I had to do only 1 math test. It was 10 minutes and I was out of there. I know I did well but there is no way any one answers all those questions. Even with a calculator I'd be surprised if most people would have enough time to get them done. 10 minutes, 36 questions (I think?). I think I did 26.

Offline Marcus67

• Light User
« Reply #21 on: Jun 14, 2012, 07:36 »
yeah Thats the same test I had to do, i was only asked to do one of them. Did you get the call for the interview for the rad tech though? I think I did around 23 of them.

Offline stew

• Very Lite User
« Reply #22 on: Jun 21, 2012, 02:19 »
 ;D I just an email for an interview!

Offline Marcus67

• Light User
« Reply #23 on: Jun 21, 2012, 03:11 »
Awesome Congrats! is that for the rad tech, i just had mine yesterday. Good luck! when is it?

Offline stew

• Very Lite User
« Reply #24 on: Jun 21, 2012, 04:05 »
Yes for rad tech, July 4th.

How did the interview go? Did they give you any more information on when training would start etc?

Offline Marcus67

• Light User
« Reply #25 on: Jun 21, 2012, 11:51 »
Interview i think went great. Nothing else extra just that its a january start and i think if you work out good you have a chance at another outage late on in the year. Thats all I know. Good luck again.

Offline turbod

• Lurker
« Reply #26 on: Jul 05, 2012, 11:23 »
Yes for rad tech, July 4th.

How did the interview go? Did they give you any more information on when training would start etc?

I had my interview on June 26 and they told me I should know in 2 to 3 days but sounds like they are still interviewing.

Offline Marcus67

• Light User
« Reply #27 on: Jul 05, 2012, 02:55 »
Yeh I had heard someone had an int. on the 4th or some date like that. I heard back from them and basically was to get my nuclear security clearance in order and to wait for further instruction.

Offline Marcus67

• Light User
« Reply #28 on: Sep 07, 2012, 05:17 »
I knew already, but got the official "thanks but no thanks" email from HR for the NOIT, anyone hear anything?

Offline stew

• Very Lite User
« Reply #29 on: Sep 07, 2012, 07:48 »
Very funny. I got my email today as well. This was from last December and people were hired and started in April for these positions. I was told only 17 were hired last year.

I just started my 2nd year of the PET program at Durham. I'm hoping to get into the intern program or hired next year.

I've heard the Bruce is going to hire a ton of NOIT's next spring...not sure how accurate that is.

Offline Marcus67

• Light User
« Reply #30 on: Feb 18, 2013, 01:01 »
Hey, anyone from the 2012 recruitment make the cut and start at OPG? Is there anyone in here that had an interview this year (2013) for the NOIT Recruitment and is just waiting to hear back? I didn't make the cut last year but I'm waiting to hear back for this recruitment, I feel I had an awesome interview this time around.

Offline jusfro87

• Very Lite User
« Reply #31 on: Mar 05, 2013, 05:44 »
I had an interview for rad tech in spring of 2012. Didn't hear anything back so I assume I didn't get it, even though I have yet to get the official thank you but no thanks email.

Offline Marcus67

• Light User
« Reply #32 on: Mar 06, 2013, 05:11 »
Yeah I had that interview too. Waited a very long time but got an email stating that they no longer accept outside temps and they wanted PWU workers. I put my name in for the PWU but haven't heard anything back. My references were just checked for the NOIT position so just a waiting game now, here's to hoping!

Offline pboone84

• Lurker
« Reply #33 on: Mar 12, 2013, 11:39 »
Hi Marcus67,

I plan on applying next time around for the NOIT jobs and I was wondering what kind of math/logic or company details I should brush up on for the apptitude test?

Good luck on your app!

Offline Marcus67

• Light User
« Reply #34 on: Apr 08, 2013, 07:03 »
Well talked to HR, congrats to the successful candidates, I for one am not one of them lol.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?