Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Recruiter stopped contact honeypot

Author Topic: Recruiter stopped contact  (Read 5721 times)

Offline RCMomto4

• Very Lite User
Recruiter stopped contact
« on: May 07, 2012, 07:17 »
What steps can be taken if the current recruiter stops contact after helping through MEPS?  My son is applying for Nupoc and had gone to the VIP tour and MEPS and has been trying call and email his recruiter for the next steps.  He is home from college and was hoping to get the rest of the paperwork done and the D.C. Trip behind him before he returns to school in August.

The recruiter has not returned calls or emails the past month.  Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you.

Offline gsamelon

• Light User
Re: Recruiter stopped contact
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 11:05 »
As a concerned parent - your best bet is to go to the XO or CO of the recruiting district.  That will get the ball rolling, at least it should.

First things first though - how long has he gone without contact from the recruiter?  It may be he is on travel or leave?  Shore duty typically means guys are trying to get a personal life again, and unfortunately, he may drop the ball at work.  I would make sure you have 2 weeks with no contact - after that - contact the CO or XO.  Once he is in the military, I wouldn't take that route - but as a concerned parent of a student is trying to get in the Navy - it is fine. 

Hope that helps.  I was a former NUPOC guy, I remember a lot of waiting, fortunately, my recruiter spent all his free time making sure I didn't change my mind. 

Offline RCMomto4

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 11:55 »
Thank you for your advice.  He was last in contact in March during spring break when my son was at MEPS.  We never heard from him since.  We did see that he's been twittering about recruiting at UCSD.  He's definitely not on leave.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 12:00 »
  We did see that he's been twittering about recruiting at UCSD. 

May at UCSD, with babes in shorts.

My bet - distracted.

I second gsamelon's advice!  8)

Samabby

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 03:07 »
" As a concerned parent - your best bet is to go to the XO or CO of the recruiting district.  That will get the ball rolling, at least it should."

As a concerned parent of a college aged student, one might give some thought to allowing the young man to tackle this task all by himself.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 03:25 »
" As a concerned parent - your best bet is to go to the XO or CO of the recruiting district.  That will get the ball rolling, at least it should."

As a concerned parent of a college aged student, one might give some thought to allowing the young man to tackle this task all by himself.

[clap]  +K
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline RCMomto4

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 03:31 »
I just wanted some info about his situation.  Thank you for your advice!  I will not be contacting anyone myself.  I have passed this info on to my son.  Just want him to get moving and not waste the summer waiting around for the guy to find him-- ;D

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 07:40 »
Navy people help me out here.  Is it true that the recruiter really does not get credit  for a NUPOC but gets credit for a enlisted sailor.  Maybe the recruiter is short on his quota.  He is working on enlisted recruits.  Could this be the reason??   I was a army nuke and been out awhile so I am  asking could this be the case?

Offline gsamelon

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 07:59 »
Officers typically get recruited by officers, at least that was the case at phoenix, and officers don't get credit for anyone they recruit.  Though you could say it would translate to their fitreps per say.  My understanding is that NUPOC guys have to be recruited by officers, so it shouldn't matter.

Offline DLGN25

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 02:16 »
It seems to me like a trip or trips to the recruiting office is the first order of business before going to the command. 
Surely oak and three-fold brass surrounded his heart who first trusted a frail vessel to a merciless ocean.  Horace

Offline RCMomto4

• Very Lite User
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 01:58 »
Thank you, again, for your advice!  Just an update---He finally called back and everthing is back in motion.  I will take good advice given and try and stay out of it.  It's hard when you've been doing it all for 18 years!   ;D

Again, thank you for your service and prompt replies!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?