Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Current Rates and Per Diem  

Author Topic: Current Rates and Per Diem  (Read 11894 times)

Offline Joe Mama

• Very Lite User
Current Rates and Per Diem
« on: May 12, 2012, 10:54 »
I started being a nuclear road whore back in 86 at Indian Point 2 and finished up in 94 at Maine Yankee.   Money was great back in 86, but things started to deterioate.  Outages were down to 6 and 8 weeks and working only twice a year just did not seem secure.   Pay was 15/hr and per-diem was 50/day.   The Big names in employers were Bartlett, ARC, DNI, Numanco, and Power Systems. 

So what is the going rate now for pay and per-diem and who are the power players now?  Especially looking at Bartlett's outage list, it seems the average outage is now down to 4 weeks....

TIA...

Joey Warren

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
Re: Current Rates and Per Diem
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 06:20 »
The power players are Bartlett, Atlantic, and maybe a couple of new dabblers.
The pay and per diem are as varied as the number of outages.  Ask Bartlett or Atlantic what they have.  Any answers you get here would probably not be representative of what you could get.

4 weeks is from staffing date to last layoff.  Outages run about 17 to 30 days, with a few that go 5 to 6 weeks if they have major projects.  But it is unwise to count on getting more than the first two weeks before they bounce you, unless you are returning to the same site repeatedly.  Six outages a year is not un-common for the bulk of the techs - but it still adds up to about 20 to 24 weeks in a good year.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

wlrun3@aol.com

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 02:29 »

$30/hour, time and a half over 40 hours, 72-84 hours per week, $100/day per diem

Offline tolstoy

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 04:23 »
I just completed an outage where I was assigned a lay-off date during my first day of training. Rate was $32.50/110.00. Three days before the outage I was called and told that the site canceled our dollar per hour bonus and hours were cut to 68 a week down from 72. The outage was scheduled for 28 days and management was going to push very hard for 21 days. Did it in 22.

Offline Joe Mama

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 08:14 »
Interesting info.  

Glad I got out of the business and went back to school.  

I work now as a Software Developer.   

Findly landed the dream job after 10 years in the business.  What employer allows you to drink beer at work?  And no random drug tests. 

I was hoping to network with some people I used to work with back in the day.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:19 by Joe Mama »

Offline Loffy Muffin

• Moderate User
  • Little hand says it is time to rock and roll
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 03:14 »
Rate per hour- $150 all hours worked. 
PD   depends on location,  but 145/day is typical.  Rural areas they try to pay less
Hours worked, is up me.  Usually 60's.

A matching 401k, and vacation time is available to those that can negotiate.  And deliver the goods.  I got  4 weeks  vacation and a matching 401K for the first 5% at one gig. 

The typical weekly comp is around $10K/wk. Worth a heck of a lot more, but there is heavy resistance to squeeze out more mullah.     
See right through the red, white and blue disguise
With lecture I puncture the structure of lies
Installed in our minds and attempting
To hold us back
We've got to take it back, Take the power back

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 07:38 »
Yeah! Yeah!  That's the ticket.

But your reply has nothing at all to do with the OP's situation.

I suggest you find some other thread to brag about how much you want us to think you are making - at least one where the info is relevant (whether or not it is true).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 07:58 by Already Gone »
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 07:56 »
Rate per hour- $150 all hours worked.  
PD   depends on location,  but 145/day is typical.  Rural areas they try to pay less
Hours worked, is up me.  Usually 60's.

A matching 401k, and vacation time is available to those that can negotiate.  And deliver the goods.  I got  4 weeks  vacation and a matching 401K for the first 5% at one gig.  

The typical weekly comp is around $10K/wk. Worth a heck of a lot more, but there is heavy resistance to squeeze out more mullah.    

Maybe we should rename it " RichWorker.com " ? ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 09:51 by HydroDave63 »

wlrun3@aol.com

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 02:47 »

To those seeking accurate and reliable information, I apologize for my colleague's insensitive and irrelevant posts. The intent of most Nukeworker.com forum members, including the site's founder, is to help.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 05:13 »
Interesting info.   

Glad I got out of the business and went back to school. 

I work now as a Software Developer.   

Findly landed the dream job after 10 years in the business.  What employer allows you to drink beer at work?  And no random drug tests. 

I was hoping to network with some people I used to work with back in the day.

You're in the wrong forum for that;

Go here;

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/board,13.0.html

ETD!,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?