News and Discussions > Nuke News

Chairman Jaczko

(1/7) > >>

HeavyD:
An interesting day in the industry.

http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/news/2012/12-060.pdf

drayer54:
Exciting day for the industry to get rid of this clown.

Next move is for Obama not to make the mistake made by Bush when this guy was appointed.

I see this moving in the direction of PolySci quickly. Yucca is already in the news from the trial and could get more attention because of this too.

HydroDave63:

--- Quote from: Drayer on May 21, 2012, 01:14 ---I see this moving in the direction of PolySci quickly. Yucca is already in the news from the trial and could get more attention because of this too.

--- End quote ---

I think the final straw was the Markey probe into allegations of retaliation against staff at Region IV, same sort of issue re: Millstone that nearly saw a skeptical Congress shred the NRC and pour it into a different agency.

Marlin:
Harry Reid loses an ally. Waste byproduct meet fan.

From the Nukeworker New feed

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/22/us/gregory-jaczko-to-resign-as-nrc-chairman-after-stormy-tenure.html?_r=1

Dr. Jaczko was named to the N.R.C. by President George W. Bush in January 2005 under a longstanding practice of approving new commissioners in pairs, one from each party. He was chosen by Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, the Democratic leader, on whose staff Dr. Jaczko served. As chairman, Dr. Jaczko was instrumental in achieving one of Mr. Reid’s central goals, killing the proposed nuclear repository at Yucca Mountain, chosen as a potential waste site by the Senate in the 1980s. Dr. Jaczko cut off work on the commission’s evaluation of the site’s suitability, pointing out that the Energy Department, which had been seeking a license to build and operate the repository, was trying to withdraw its application. The decision became a political flash point both within the commission and in Congress and is now the subject of a challenge in Federal District Court.

GLW:

--- Quote from: Drayer on May 21, 2012, 01:14 ---Exciting day for the industry to get rid of this clown.

Next move is for Obama not to make the mistake made by Bush when this guy was appointed.

I see this moving in the direction of PolySci quickly. Yucca is already in the news from the trial and could get more attention because of this too.

--- End quote ---

Sorry pal, Obama owns this leadership FAIL;

On May 13, 2009, President Obama designated him the organization's Chairman, i.e. its principal executive officer and official spokesperson.

Either Jaczko was vetted to assure he was in line with Obama's policy preferences or Obama could not care less and never vetted him,...

Either way, Obama owns it,...

What did the former POTUS do?!?

He allowed a political appointment to the Commission which was favored by the Dem leadership, as the Commission is typically two Dems, two 'Pubs and a chairman,...

Leftist BDR revisionism FAIL,...

then again, that's what I'm here for,....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version