Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuclear Operator in Canada

Author Topic: Nuclear Operator in Canada  (Read 2565 times)

Offline potatochips

• Lurker
Nuclear Operator in Canada
« on: May 21, 2012, 07:30 »
Hey all,
I am new to the forum, I am from Nova Scotia, Canada. My province is right next to Point LePreau. I am on a work term right now for school at a thermal plant here in the city (appx 500MW), and I have so far really enjoyed the electrical generation industry.

I am currently studying power/stationary engineering in school, and when I graduate next year I should have my 3rd Class Power Engineering ticket. I want to move on to the nuclear industry (either Canada or the US), and my goal is to be an operator at the plant. I guess my question is, am I on the right track? What other education or training should I also get to better myself? How does the certification work for nuclear operators? And how easy is it for someone to go to the US from Canada to be a nuclear operator?

Thanks for all your help! I know its a lot of questions, but this is where I'd like to be.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?