Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu MTC for CE PWR's

Author Topic: MTC for CE PWR's  (Read 5157 times)

Offline brettj22

• Very Lite User
MTC for CE PWR's
« on: May 22, 2012, 12:57 »
As part of a paper I'm writing I reviewed PWR operating licenses at the NRC's web site looking for MTC limits.  I've noticed that some tech spec plots of MTC for CE PWR's (Calvert Cliffs, Fort Calhoun, Millstone-2, St. Lucie-1) lead me to believe that a positive MTC is allowed at 100% power.  For example, the plot in the Calvert Cliffs Tech Specs appears to identify the 100% power limit as +0.15e-4.

Am I reading this correctly?

Thank you!

Fermi2

Re: MTC for CE PWR's
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 06:33 »
It looks like it depends on whether they use digital or analog systems.

Digital at 100% cannot be positive.

Analog it looks like it depends on the COLR.

I'm basing this on STS.

Offline SmallTownNuke

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2012, 11:17 »
A slightly positive MTC is allowed at the very beginning of core life, however the overall temperature coefficient remains negative due to the FTC.  This is based off of Fort Calhoun.  Interestingly, the larger issue with MTC is the limit of how negative it can be at the end of life due to main steam line breaks (uncontrolled heat extraction).

Fermi2

« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2012, 05:25 »
A slightly positive MTC is allowed at the very beginning of core life, however the overall temperature coefficient remains negative due to the FTC.  This is based off of Fort Calhoun.  Interestingly, the larger issue with MTC is the limit of how negative it can be at the end of life due to main steam line breaks (uncontrolled heat extraction).

No uncontrolled reactivity addition due to rapid cooldown from hotstandby to the extent you are outside your ability for boron to control it. There IS a difference.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?