Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu TVA Interview honeypot

Author Topic: TVA Interview  (Read 963 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
TVA Interview
« on: Jul 14, 2023, 11:17 »
Hi, I am new to the forum and I have a few questions related to the hiring process and such. I have done some limited research within the forum already but it seems as if most of the stuff related towards the TVA at least, is dated.

I have an upcoming interview for a SGPO and I've read that the STAR method is used during the interview. Is that still true to this day or should I possibly brush up on system knowledge or anything else?

This next question seems silly asking, but info online sort of contradicts itself or I am looking too far into the wording. On the TVA website it claims that an individual is hired in as a SGPO and once he/she completes a 12-18 month training period, they will be moved into an Assistant Unit Operator position. The same article also says that the training is for "A" nuclear power plant. Like I said, seems silly they'd hire someone and train them for that long, only to send them elsewhere, I just want to make sure.

Going off that last question, in TVA terms is an Assistant Unit operator = Reactor Operator ?

Last Question, is anyone familiar with how many SGPOs usually come from a hiring group or does it typically vary?

I am more or less hoping to find some interview tips and a better understand of what I am going into. Any help or knowledge about anything related is greatly appreciated.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: TVA Interview
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2023, 10:38 »
Hi, I am new to the forum and I have a few questions related to the hiring process and such. I have done some limited research within the forum already but it seems as if most of the stuff related towards the TVA at least, is dated.

I have an upcoming interview for a SGPO and I've read that the STAR method is used during the interview. Is that still true to this day or should I possibly brush up on system knowledge or anything else?

This next question seems silly asking, but info online sort of contradicts itself or I am looking too far into the wording. On the TVA website it claims that an individual is hired in as a SGPO and once he/she completes a 12-18 month training period, they will be moved into an Assistant Unit Operator position. The same article also says that the training is for "A" nuclear power plant. Like I said, seems silly they'd hire someone and train them for that long, only to send them elsewhere, I just want to make sure.

Going off that last question, in TVA terms is an Assistant Unit operator = Reactor Operator ?

Last Question, is anyone familiar with how many SGPOs usually come from a hiring group or does it typically vary?

I am more or less hoping to find some interview tips and a better understand of what I am going into. Any help or knowledge about anything related is greatly appreciated.

You may be able to get some of these answers directly from the TVA HR department.

Offline TylerDurden

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: TVA Interview
« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2023, 05:07 »
Yeah, probably. I figured if no one replied on here, those would be some questions for the interview.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?