Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Bicron Analyst  

Author Topic: Bicron Analyst  (Read 5643 times)

Offline Rogue Sub

• Lurker
Bicron Analyst
« on: May 31, 2012, 10:52 »
I recently acquired a Bicron Analyst and have been trying to learn more about the unit.  I was able to find a tech manual for the radiac but in the description of possible probes it merely lists "various" as acceptable probes.  I was considering using a 44-9 and 43-2 probes with the unit.  Does anyone see a reason why they would not work effectively with this meter?  Any experience with this would be great. I do love the bicron meters but it can be hard to get info on anything other then the micro analyst.
Contaminated fish always tastes better

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: Bicron Analyst
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2012, 11:35 »
The 44-9 and 43-2 will be compatible with an analyst.

It's all in the calibration and the specific version of the analyst you possess.

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Rogue Sub

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: Jun 01, 2012, 01:04 »
I have not been able to determine which version of the analyst I have. I can tell you which models it isn't though.  I think this may just be a Bicron "analyst".  Still need to do some repair work on the switched of the meter but I am glad that the meters i have will work fine.  I will do a source check with the thorium source once its all pieced back together.
« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2012, 01:05 by Rogue Sub »
Contaminated fish always tastes better

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #3 on: Jun 01, 2012, 04:09 »
I have not been able to determine which version of the analyst I have. I can tell you which models it isn't though.  I think this may just be a Bicron "analyst".  Still need to do some repair work on the switched of the meter but I am glad that the meters i have will work fine.  I will do a source check with the thorium source once its all pieced back together.

Take a picture of all six sides and post it here,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2012, 02:27 »
I will do a source check with the thorium source once its all pieced back together.
yew really shouldn't take that thorium (oar any other) source apart...
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?