Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Should I try to contact TVA Human Resource Department? honeypot

Author Topic: Should I try to contact TVA Human Resource Department?  (Read 14029 times)

Offline cb1712

• Very Lite User
Hello. I recently participated in the POSS test for TVA on 19 April 2012 for Nuclear AU Trainee positions at Sequoyah Nuclear Plant.  We were told that we should receive the results in four to five weeks.  As of today, I have yet to hear anything.   On TVA's website they only list an email or an automated telephone number for contact information.  Should I be trying to follow up with them or just keep waiting patiently?  I am a current Federal employee, but not a TVA employee, and I feel that I did well on the exam.

Thanks

Offline tigger

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Should I try to contact TVA Human Resource Department?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2012, 09:01 »
Not sure when the class starts at SQN, but occassionally the hiring process takes a while. I had applied in April, didn't do my interview until August, then heard in October that I would be hiring in two weeks later. So the whole process may take a while. Depending on how many applicants they have and how many recently took the POSS. Lots of work sorting through it all.
As for contacting HR, not sure how that works. I looked in the directory of emails and the only ones I can find are corperate. Not sure how you would loacate one to reach and actual person at SQN, unless you know someone on that site.
Best of luck!!!! And I hope that you hear something soon.

Fermi2

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2012, 10:38 »
No, they will not give you any information.

Offline cb1712

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2012, 11:54 »
Thank you all for the replys.  I suppose I will keep waiting patiently until I hear a response.  Hopefully the positions are still available and this is one of the occasions where the hiring process is taking a while.  Does TVA give any sort of POSS results, or will you only be notified if you are selected for an interview?  Also, I have read on these forums that local candidates are preferred.  Both Sequoyah and Watts Bar are on either side of my home-town, but my current job has moved me a few hours away from the area.  Being that I would like to be back near my home-town, could I be considered a local candidate?

Thanks   

Fermi2

« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2012, 12:17 »
They used to, but I'm not certain what they do now.

Offline silverbullet02

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2012, 07:30 »
I took it on April 25th and received my results in an e-mail on May 2nd.  I was really surprised to get them in only a week.  I haven't heard anything since then.  From what I've read though, patience is the key with TVA.

Offline cb1712

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: Jun 13, 2012, 08:59 »
Wow.  A one week turn around is very surprising.  I'm assuming you were in the same testing group that I was in.  That may be a bad thing for me if I still haven't heard testing results.  I will try to be patient and see what happens.  Good luck to you.

Offline silverbullet02

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Jun 13, 2012, 12:10 »
Wow.  A one week turn around is very surprising.  I'm assuming you were in the same testing group that I was in.  That may be a bad thing for me if I still haven't heard testing results.  I will try to be patient and see what happens.  Good luck to you.

I was amazed when I got that e-mail a week later, but again, that's all I've heard.  I don't know anybody else that was in the testing group, so I don't know if other people heard back or not yet.  Good luck to you!

Offline cb1712

• Very Lite User
« Reply #8 on: Jul 10, 2012, 12:24 »
Has anyone heard any more information regarding interviews? I was told they expect to start the training class later this summer.

Offline ag1088

• Lurker
« Reply #9 on: Jul 16, 2012, 09:46 »
This is my first post on this site. First I want to thank all involved in setting up this forum and all who post and freely lend their knowledge and experience by posting.

I took the POSS for this position on April 20, 2012, received results on June 8, 2012, received interview invitation on June 26, 2012. I had the interview last Monday July 9, 2012.

I do not want to dash your hopes but if you have not heard from TVA yet I doubt you will on this round. Whatever you do don't give up hope. I have been trying for about 18 months and have applied for several job postings and this was my first interview. I hope to here from TVA soon and look forward to working at Sequoyah Lord willing.

Never Give Up
Never Surrender

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #10 on: Jul 16, 2012, 10:41 »
Never Give Up
Never Surrender

Galaxy quest quote??? We old timers prefer Star Trek!!!

50 Quatloos against the newcomer.

[devious]

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #11 on: Jul 16, 2012, 10:43 »

Now now...where is your NukeWorker Docent hat?  :P

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #12 on: Jul 16, 2012, 10:46 »
Now now...where is your NukeWorker Docent hat?  :P

My bad, the  [devious] made me do it  [beer]

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #13 on: Jul 16, 2012, 11:09 »
This is my first post on this site. First I want to thank all involved in setting up this forum and all who post and freely lend their knowledge and experience by posting.

I took the POSS for this position on April 20, 2012, received results on June 8, 2012, received interview invitation on June 26, 2012. I had the interview last Monday July 9, 2012.

I do not want to dash your hopes but if you have not heard from TVA yet I doubt you will on this round. Whatever you do don't give up hope. I have been trying for about 18 months and have applied for several job postings and this was my first interview. I hope to here from TVA soon and look forward to working at Sequoyah Lord willing.

Never Give Up
Never Surrender

On a more serious note East Tennessee is a beautiful place to live (I live near Oak Ridge) and I wish you good luck. Don't get too hung up on normal for an HR department they are quickly becoming the worst bureaucracy at any site or company. I am waiting on one now to make a decision and it is just for a staff augmentation spot that I am suppose to be on the short list for.

Live long and prosper.  ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2012, 11:10 by Marlin »

Offline ag1088

• Lurker
« Reply #14 on: Jul 16, 2012, 11:26 »
Galaxy quest quote??? We old timers prefer Star Trek!!!

Was not meant as any sci-fi reference. But thanks for letting me know the old timers preference in case I need to use one in the future.

"engage"
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2012, 10:28 by Marlin »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #15 on: Jul 17, 2012, 10:38 »

Fermi2

« Reply #16 on: Jul 17, 2012, 06:14 »
No, interviews are nearly complete.

Offline cb1712

• Very Lite User
« Reply #17 on: Jul 18, 2012, 05:35 »
Thanks to everyone for the answers. At least I don't have to wonder anymore. I suppose I will keep trying to get into the nuclear industry.  Is that normal procedure for TVA not give you your test results unless you are invited for an interview?

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #18 on: Jul 18, 2012, 09:56 »
I retired from TVA in 2008 and have been back pretty regularly as a contractor since then.  TVA HR at one time was a pretty competent department, but they downsized them to the point that they are pretty poor these days.   Not that they don't try, but when you take a department that at one time had 20 or more people at each nuclear site and cut them down to 2 or 3 people, well....
Dave

Offline cb1712

• Very Lite User
« Reply #19 on: Aug 12, 2012, 10:48 »
I finally received word that I passed the POSS for nuclear.  However, I was also informed that interviews were complete for this class already.  I was thinking about enrolling in a few classes this fall to help my resume for my next attempt with TVA.  Any suggestions? Physics is already on my list.
Thanks

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?