Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu What's Your best excuse for being late? honeypot

Poll

What's your best excuse for coming in late?

Alarm clock broke/didn't go off.
18 (26.1%)
Car trouble.
7 (10.1%)
Running Late.
9 (13%)
Too Tired to care.
3 (4.3%)
Just plain lazy.
5 (7.2%)
Other.
16 (23.2%)
Family stuff.(new option)
11 (15.9%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: What's Your best excuse for being late?  (Read 76753 times)

Rad Sponge

Re: What's Your best excuse for being late?
« Reply #50 on: Jun 23, 2006, 11:50 »
My wife rolled over on my "blanK" and it took awhile to get her off.....of me.

Offline radarts1967

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #51 on: Jun 25, 2006, 12:02 »
one that i heard just last week was:

when the technician was asked why didnt he come into work, the answer was, and I quote:

" I forgot I had to come into work today"

this tech said this in all seriousness.....hmmmm, what do you think? time for some ffd testing?

have a great one

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #52 on: Jun 27, 2006, 09:50 »

this tech said this in all seriousness.....hmmmm, what do you think? time for some ffd testing?

Depends on the schedule. I have seen guys call in sick on their day off (rotating 6-12s!)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

pronountrouble6

« Reply #53 on: Jun 29, 2006, 04:46 »
 :P Tooooooooooo many Beeeeeeeeeeeeers!!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #54 on: Jul 01, 2006, 10:44 »
square biz, tru tale....

i got to work about an hour late when i wuz a junior of about 3 months. 
willie, the lead man, looks at me 'n sez 'you'd better have a note from your mom for being this late!' 
i sez 'i don't have a note from my mom, but i got this here note on the way in', 'n i give him a ticket that the state boys had presented me with.
he starts reading aloud, 'failure to stop for a stop sign, exceeding the speed limit, crossing the center line, expired vehicle inspection, expired drivers license, expired license plates.  son, what'd this cost you?'   
'oh, willie, yinz forgot to reed the first line, up at the top, in red ink.  that explains it.'
'warning...... warning?  you got a freaking warning for alla this?  how'd you get a warning for alla these violations?'

sad to say boys 'n girls, but the rest of the story cannot be toll hare.   ;)
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline tigger

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #55 on: Jul 06, 2006, 11:22 »
I think the one that got the most laughs... I called work and told them I would be a little late, I was having a shitty morning. When I got to work, my supervisor asked what was so wrong.... I had stepped in a puppy pile in my yard.

Gonzo

« Reply #56 on: Jul 13, 2006, 12:20 »
cuz i didn't get here til now

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
« Reply #57 on: Jul 13, 2006, 07:20 »
My back hurts!

Trust me..........
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #58 on: Jul 27, 2006, 09:08 »
Dante Firman and I called in "unfit for duty" one evening from the Country Gal at DC Cook. Circa 1992 ;D
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

JIMBOMAFF

« Reply #59 on: Jul 28, 2006, 10:47 »
There was a tech working at Turkey Point that was late or didn't show up at all.  Hog*** was the coordinator and told the young lad that the next time he was late he would be DPD (Down Palm Drive).  The tech call the next day and stated that his wife had died!!!!!  He was excused and as road techs are, we passed the hat.  The tech in question came into work the next day.  When asked about his story of a family death, he stated that "No she didn't die, she was just sick."  This was back in the 80's.

Offline nothinbuttrouble

• SR HP TECH
  • Light User
  • I love being a professional babysitter!!!
« Reply #60 on: Jul 29, 2006, 12:00 »
i called a site coordinator at beaver valley and told him i was going to be late.  he asked me why told him i was lost and didnt know my way to work.  needless to say when i hit the gate i was told to come to his office.  oh well
he was the best site coordinator i ever had (EC).  to bad he is in retirement in the south.  sure do miss seeing him and having adult beverages at the famous skidway.   8)

remowil55

« Reply #61 on: Aug 02, 2006, 04:26 »
In 16 years i have missed 1 day of work, docs orders. I guess something is wrong,with me. I have never been late, and after all this time, it has counted for nothing. Is something wrong there. Remo

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #62 on: Aug 02, 2006, 08:57 »
In 16 years i have missed 1 day of work, docs orders. I guess something is wrong,with me. I have never been late, and after all this time, it has counted for nothing. Is something wrong there. Remo

Perhaps you would be rewarded if you could come up with entertaining excuses under pressure?  ;D
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

greengoo

« Reply #63 on: Mar 18, 2007, 10:05 »
Got a new one, for me anyway.
"Why are you late?"
"Because you told me to find the moron in training(trainee) and bring pick him up for work."

blackballedsnake

« Reply #64 on: Mar 19, 2007, 01:47 »
I was on me way to McGuire (on nights), and me headlamps on me truck were gettin' dimmer and dimmer. I called in to tell them I was changin' me alternator in da' parking lot of an auto parts store!! :o ;D

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #65 on: Mar 19, 2007, 07:49 »
Dante Firman and I called in "unfit for duty" one evening from the Country Gal at DC Cook. Circa 1992 ;D

Yeah, he missed about a week at Vogtle, thought it was only a couple of days...early '90s

Hope he comes up for our outage at VY.... ;D
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #66 on: Mar 21, 2007, 07:39 »
I was on me way to McGuire (on nights), and me headlamps on me truck were gettin' dimmer and dimmer. I called in to tell them I was changin' me alternator in da' parking lot of an auto parts store!! :o ;D

This morning after my truck started blowing cold air and the charging system idiot light came on, I called my associate and said I would be replacing an alternator belt, whenever the auto parts store opened, that is.  I got in 4 hours later.  They sold me the wrong belt, but I didn't realize it until after I had everything replaced and started the adjusting of the alternator tension.  When I ran out of threads I knew I had a problem.  Thank goodness for cell phones.   ;)

blackballedsnake

« Reply #67 on: Mar 22, 2007, 08:14 »
Plus...a high mechanical aptitude, and a well stocked tool box doesn't hurt at all ;D ;)

stownsend

« Reply #68 on: Mar 22, 2007, 01:06 »
How about the tech who called in using a ship to shore radio.Iwon't be in today -over

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #69 on: Mar 23, 2007, 10:41 »
How about the tech who called in using a ship to shore radio.Iwon't be in today -over
lol!  oh mercy.  i don't know why, but this reminded me of that tech who got bounced from da songs u1 s/g resleeving outage in '81.  when he finished his exit interview 'n body count, daddy's heliocopter landed 'n picked him up.  freeking histerically weigh two go!
my bad, off topic post, eye yam off two my corner now.......................... ........
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Nuke Lifer

« Reply #70 on: Apr 11, 2007, 11:52 »
I live in the Bizaro world

I got in trouble for showing up to work! I had a mild heart attack on a Thursday and had Friday scheduled off. I had a cath , two new stents, released Sunday. I didn't call anyone from work to tell them. Why do they needd to know, right?

So I show up at work with a little limp from the hole in my groin. Boss asks, "why you limpin?" I tell him and he chews me a big one! Sumthin about he's gotta know if we're FFD???? I was fine. Still am!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #71 on: Apr 11, 2007, 12:06 »
"I'm calling in well, it's to d#$n nice a day to come in." This was not a problem after two and half months on 7-12s, I was not the only one.

Evilpixie

« Reply #72 on: Apr 11, 2007, 05:07 »
"I slept in because the fighting lesbians next door kept me up all night before they were finally arrested at 3am..."

Course, the one I like best is defined as "Occupational Sexual Ocular Dysfunction"... can't *flippin* see coming to work! 

LaFeet

« Reply #73 on: Apr 14, 2007, 06:25 »
Heard one not too long ago.... "I'm sorry, but your daughter refuses to let go of my c***"   I still recall the phone hitting the floor.... ;)

MMCDude

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2007, 10:13 »
With all us old farts out here, I'm really surprised someone hasn't taken/mentioned my best one  ---  at the hospital being checked out for a heart attack! 

I wasn't late for work that day.  It was a saturday morning, we were in the shipyard, I relieved the duty and waited for everyone else to go home before I hurt enough that I finally went for the ambulance ride to the hospital to get checked out...   :)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?