Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Recently Separate Navy Nuke; Interview Coming Up
honeypot

Author Topic: Recently Separate Navy Nuke; Interview Coming Up  (Read 5347 times)

Offline eaton1981

• Moderate User
Recently Separate Navy Nuke; Interview Coming Up
« on: Jun 13, 2012, 04:18 »
I did a phone interview for an NLO position last week and it went well. They're flying me out next week for testing, a tour of the plant, and a face-to-face interview.

I've done a behavioral interview once before (for my job at Home Depot, which is silly since my responsibilities included driving a fork lift and lifting heavy boxes onto and off of shelves at night after the store was closed).

For you with OPS experience, what is the "protocol," (I guess you could call it that) for interview attire. I have a suit, but don't know if it'd be appropriate walking around the plant on my tour with it. I was instead thinking dress slacks, tie, and nice shirt, with nice (yet "walkable") shoes. Any advice on whether I should go with the suit is much appreciated.

Also, I specifically asked if it was the POSS test I was going to be taking, and they said it's not, but it IS an aptitude test. Are there any aptitude tests aside from POSS that plants use?

Thanks for the help in advance.

drayer54

Re: Recently Separate Navy Nuke; Interview Coming Up
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2012, 05:40 »
I did a phone interview for an NLO position last week and it went well. They're flying me out next week for testing, a tour of the plant, and a face-to-face interview.

I've done a behavioral interview once before (for my job at Home Depot, which is silly since my responsibilities included driving a fork lift and lifting heavy boxes onto and off of shelves at night after the store was closed).

For you with OPS experience, what is the "protocol," (I guess you could call it that) for interview attire. I have a suit, but don't know if it'd be appropriate walking around the plant on my tour with it. I was instead thinking dress slacks, tie, and nice shirt, with nice (yet "walkable") shoes. Any advice on whether I should go with the suit is much appreciated.

Also, I specifically asked if it was the POSS test I was going to be taking, and they said it's not, but it IS an aptitude test. Are there any aptitude tests aside from POSS that plants use?

Thanks for the help in advance.
I'd wear the suit. Your other idea should be fine too. The company website should have some information on their testing and the recruiter should be willing to tell you what kind of test it is.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2012, 05:43 »
Make sure it is a polyester suit, preferably one of those really clingy 99 dollar specials ;)

Offline eaton1981

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2012, 04:44 »
Received and accepted the position this week. I am officially in the civilian side of nuclear power! Starting Aug. 13th.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?