Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Will "TWIC CARD "help secure work for outages ?  

Author Topic: Will "TWIC CARD "help secure work for outages ?  (Read 6449 times)

Offline NUKEMATT

• Very Lite User
Will "TWIC CARD "help secure work for outages ?
« on: Jun 14, 2012, 11:04 »

Hello ........Thanks for letting me log in .I'm a pipefitter from South Bend ,In. I have worked on one shut down in Michigan a while back .I have heard about a TWIC CARD ? Will this help secure a guy work before guys will out one ?

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
Re: Will "TWIC CARD "help secure work for outages ?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2012, 12:18 »
Not in the nuke world.  Maybe if you are looking at a refinery and the job starts within the month the guy without his TWIC will miss out.  But the fact that you have one in your pocket doesn't make hiring you a better idea than if you didn't.  Ask your BA if he ever considers it.
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2012, 03:07 by Already Gone »
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline NUKEMATT

• Very Lite User
« Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2012, 08:15 »
Thanks for the heads -up on this "TWIC Card . Will check this out with my BA.

Offline cairnit

• Moderate User
  • I love my job........
« Reply #3 on: Aug 20, 2012, 12:05 »
If you are trying to figure out the industries where TWIC card will help obtain employment, then think maritime (as previously stated). You are usually asked if you have a TWIC filling out applications for shipyards, offshore work, and thigs such as barge and tugboat work.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?