Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Plum Brook Article - Wired.com

Author Topic: Plum Brook Article - Wired.com  (Read 5256 times)

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Plum Brook Article - Wired.com
« on: Jun 21, 2012, 12:17 »
I am sure some will find this interesting and others will find it nostalgic.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/06/plum-brook-nuclear-facility/?pid=4020&viewall=true
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
Re: Plum Brook Article - Wired.com
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2012, 03:29 »
Nostalgic for me.  The time I spent on that project was the best job I've ever had.  Thanks for the link!
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

Jr8black3

Re: Plum Brook Article - Wired.com
« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2012, 10:27 »
As Mike said it was a great project for me also, I spent 7 1/2 years there off and on with 3 different companies and 3 different hats. Also thanks for sharing, my last day there was 1-20-12, and the dome was still there as was the primary pump house and the hot lab.

Offline Apollo

• Light User

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?