Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu job prospects for retiring nuke master chief honeypot

Author Topic: job prospects for retiring nuke master chief  (Read 6388 times)

Offline gogamecocks

• Light User
job prospects for retiring nuke master chief
« on: Jun 28, 2012, 02:41 »
My husband is retiring in December. He tried to retire in April but his retirement was denied due to some pesky little extension that they wouldn't overlook. Anyway he is 42, has a Bachelors degree in Business Administration. The last two commands he was director of trainning, before that Maintence supervisor, and I don't know all the proper terminology but has airwarefare and surface warfare and made MC at 15 so he's no slackard.Oh, he's an EMCM and there is probably other stuff but I don't know. He has submitted his resume at several places and has never received a call back. Well, he did get an interview at Progress Energy for an SRO position but then had to cancel it since the Navy denied his retirement  :'( Now the pool seems dry. We really, really, want to stay in South Carolina. May consider the bordering states.
Here are my questions:

1. Is it difficult to get hired in a trainning position without commercial experience?(he really likes this job-created a new trainning program at one of his commands)
2. Does Scanna not hire Navy Nukes? We never hear back from them and I already have several houses picked out in Chapin, Blythewood. Plus, I have season football tickets at Carolina.
3. Is there an age problem?
4. What other companies might he look for a job outside of Nuclear?

Thanks for your help!

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
Re: job prospects for retiring nuke master chief
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2012, 03:37 »
I sent you a PM here with the contact information for a SCANA recruiter.  He told me that SCANA is actively hiring right now.
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Offline eaton1981

• Moderate User
« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2012, 03:40 »
Along with what Gamecock said, here's a link to an actual job posting SCANA put up. They're going through construction for a few new plants. Looks like a VERY good opportunity for you and your husband. Best of luck! And thank you for yours and your husband's service for these last 2 decades!

http://scanarecruit.scana.com/psc/HRSPROD/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&JobOpeningId=963992&SiteId=1&

Offline gogamecocks

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2012, 11:06 »
Oh, that is great news. My husband and I both grew up in the Midlands(met in the USC marching band) and that's where we would like to be. Thanks! :)

HeavyD

« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2012, 10:35 »
Here's another posting that came up today out here (I work QA for the group building the new units at VC Summer). 

The posting talks about having previous industry operating experience, but the worst than can happen is they don't hire him :)

Best of luck and congratulations on joining us in the retiree world ;D

http://www.nukeworker.com/job/job/nuclear-operations-instructors/20370/

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?