Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NRMD King's Bay

Author Topic: NRMD King's Bay  (Read 7721 times)

Offline cave_dog42

• Very Lite User
NRMD King's Bay
« on: Jun 28, 2012, 09:38 »
I'm an electrician on a sub and I am getting order to NRMD King's Bay. Can anyone give me an idea or what I'll be doing there/how the job is?

Offline DontGoToNPTU

• Moderate User
Re: NRMD King's Bay
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2012, 09:44 »
If you're going to be an RCT I know a couple and both of them hate it. Ofcourse... we nukes tend to find a way to bitch about everything.

drayer54

« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2012, 09:45 »
If you're going to be an RCT I know a couple and both of them hate it. Ofcourse... we nukes tend to find a way to bitch about everything.

That doesn't necessarily change when they go to the civilian world.

HeavyD

« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2012, 10:51 »
Are you going to NRMD as an RCT or as an electrician?  If your orders have a stop in Norfolk for RCTQS, then it will be RCT.

I ask because that will help others provide some useful input for you.

Best of luck and thank you for serving ;)

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2012, 11:13 »

In the mid-80's it was RCM/RCSS,....

I appreciated every minute of it,...

After the boat, eight section duty felt like a dream, not as good as Holy Loch boomer off-crew, but definitely not bad,...

YMMV,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline cave_dog42

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2012, 02:25 »
i am going there as an electrician, no RCT for me

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2012, 05:05 »
i am going there as an electrician, no RCT for me

good for you bucko, stay safe and thank you for your service,....

8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

joncashk

« Reply #7 on: Jul 06, 2012, 09:31 »
I'm currently stationed at NRMD Kings Bay.  If you don't go as an RCT, there are 4 different jobs for nukes here.  I work in RMCO and we are in charge of the accountability of all Radioactive Material generated on the waterfront.  There is also a test equipment shop (56N), Mechanic Shop (38N), and a Facilities shop (308).  I could look your name up on our upcoming personnel list and see where you're going to be assigned.

Offline cave_dog42

• Very Lite User
« Reply #8 on: Jul 09, 2012, 07:20 »
that would be great, thanks

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?