Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu SPRU honeypot

Author Topic: SPRU  (Read 12783 times)

Offline Apollo

• Light User
SPRU
« on: Jun 29, 2012, 10:17 »
SPRU.  Might take a RCT postion Decommissioning. Any info. would be great .
Training ? Tests ? Work environment ? etc.

BetaAnt

Re: SPRU
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2012, 05:13 »
Good news, Bad news.
Good gig for as long as will last. DOE pay (~30/hr) and benefits (health and welfare stipend of $3.50/hr for 40 hrs/wk). Warning though. SPRU had a Type B DOE investigation on an incident in 2010. Zero tolerance on mistakes now. :-\ :-\

Bad news is New York taxes. NY taxes EVERYTHING!!! God help you if you smoke. Not only do you have NY state, but you may also have city and county income taxes to pay. This is the only reason I will never work in NY state (again). :( :(

Nice place to visit, but sucks to pay taxes. 8) :(

Good luck on you future endeavor.

BA  8) 8) 8)

Offline Apollo

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2012, 05:42 »
Thanks..

Offline Apollo

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Jul 01, 2012, 09:31 »
DOE Core or Navy 108 ? (Training) ?

DDD

« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2012, 02:34 »
DOE CORE, I just left there in Dec. good people and nice area..... yes high taxes but the per diem makes up for a lot.............and they are still trying to recover from the incident, so a lot of eyes on them, Sign up they could use your help

Offline Apollo

• Light User
« Reply #5 on: Jul 02, 2012, 10:28 »

Thanks ...site specific or just standard core..

DDD

« Reply #6 on: Jul 03, 2012, 11:42 »
Apollo,I sent a PM

Offline Apollo

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Jul 04, 2012, 12:12 »
Got it thanks ...very much..

Offline thirstymick

• Very Lite User
« Reply #8 on: Aug 02, 2012, 08:02 »
For all I know by now you may be on site.  If not I can tell you that things are done a little differently and there are eyes everywhere however, its a safe place with a great group of people.  There is 2 days of CORE training with the test on day 2.  Site specific has training also and then OJT's.  If your still considering and have any questions I will try to help.  We could use the help.

Offline Apollo

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: Aug 08, 2012, 06:31 »
Thank You..

Offline metalman40

• RCT
  • Moderate User
  • Life sucks then you die.
« Reply #10 on: Aug 13, 2012, 03:21 »
I tried finding this in other threads but no joy for me. Does anyone have a lead on cheap housing near (0-25 miles) SPRU?
Sometimes you just want to say dilligaf and go dfr.

DDD

« Reply #11 on: Aug 13, 2012, 05:45 »
Depends on what you need...........I stayed at the Ramada Inn in Laytham, Not that well managed but large room and $225/week 15 min drive to site

hope that helps

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #12 on: Aug 13, 2012, 07:01 »
I tried finding this in other threads but no joy for me. Does anyone have a lead on cheap housing near (0-25 miles) SPRU?

It's Saratoga Springs Track season right now,....

Little to nothing is reasonable unless you search southwest,...

Depends on what you need...........I stayed at the Ramada Inn in Laytham, Not that well managed but large room and $225/week 15 min drive to site

hope that helps

It's Latham, and that Ramada Inn is a dive,...

The Microtel by the airport is good and is far enough from Saratoga not to tag on the track season price, plus, if you're flying home it's close to the airport,...

Anything south and east of SPRU means your morning drive will be non-eventful until you get in close to Niskayuna,...

All points north and west and you contend with the morning rush to the Albany metro area including heavy traffic in Scotia and Niskayuna, depending on your start time,...

After track season the rates will drop,...

If you're POV and from the sunshine belt, brace for winter, drive careful, and prep your car,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?