Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nukelette looking for ideas for the future honeypot

Author Topic: Nukelette looking for ideas for the future  (Read 33199 times)

drayer54

Re: Nukelette looking for ideas for the future
« Reply #25 on: Jul 08, 2012, 11:46 »
I don't care who it is. They're misinformed and not interested in honest, open, intellectual debate or in a discussion of the facts. They deserve all the scorn and mocking they get.
They are clearly getting a whole lot of it. That Facebook group is growing very fast.

Offline Preciousblue1965

• Very Heavy User
  • "It is good for you, builds character"
« Reply #26 on: Jul 09, 2012, 02:07 »
Ok I have been gone from the site for WAY too long.  There is seriously an "Occupy the NRC" movement going on that started with some no-brained hippies.  Well I must come up with some deviltry to employ on said site.   

Oh and if anyone cares, I have been an NLO at Catawba for almost a year and half now.  Smoked BOT and ISS and working on quals now.  Nice to be back.
"No good deal goes unpunished"

"Explain using obscene hand jestures the concept of pump laws"

I have found the cure for LIBERALISM, it is a good steady dose of REALITY!

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #27 on: Jul 09, 2012, 02:23 »
Ok I have been gone from the site for WAY too long.  There is seriously an "Occupy the NRC" movement going on that started with some no-brained hippies.  Well I must come up with some deviltry to employ on said site.   

Oh and if anyone cares, I have been an NLO at Catawba for almost a year and half now.  Smoked BOT and ISS and working on quals now.  Nice to be back.

Congrats! Welcome back!!

Gee this topic has gone way off. ;D Oh well, the OP hasn't been back anyway.
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Offline DontGoToNPTU

• Moderate User
« Reply #28 on: Jul 09, 2012, 03:08 »
It has gone so far off topic that I think it could potentially make a circle back to the origional topic ... maybe?

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #29 on: Jul 09, 2012, 04:56 »
It has gone so far off topic that I think it could potentially make a circle back to the origional topic ... maybe?

BZ's general observation on Internet forums/threads etal, By the 5th post in any thread it starts drifting off topic. By 12 to 15 it has nothing to do with the original topic and if it surives to 30 or so it magically gets back on topic. This applies almost everywhere.

Mike

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline eaton1981

• Moderate User
« Reply #30 on: Jul 10, 2012, 05:57 »
I like how they've singled you out personally, Josh. You are the voice of the nukes! Hopefully it spirals and you get to be an "expert analyst" on CNN.

Offline DontGoToNPTU

• Moderate User
« Reply #31 on: Jul 11, 2012, 11:01 »
Oh man if that happened I'd be pissed. I'm already worried I'm gonna have some explaining to do when I go back to work on Saturday.

Offline NukeBoss

• Lurker
« Reply #32 on: Sep 11, 2012, 12:52 »
A Nukelette, accorcding to Command Master Chief Coles, is a nuke who is still is training, aka nub, aka nuke fetus.  Thanks for all the... advice...

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #33 on: Sep 11, 2012, 03:24 »
A Nukelette, accorcding to Command Master Chief Coles, is a nuke who is still is training, aka nub, aka nuke fetus.  Thanks for all the... advice...

Well according to a commercial SRO, Master Chief Coles is also a nukelette. Just saying.  8)

Justin
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Fermi2

« Reply #34 on: Sep 11, 2012, 08:15 »

Real nukes who play in the commercial big leagues would call Command Master Chief Coles a janitor.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #35 on: Sep 12, 2012, 07:20 »
Or perhaps we should change the old saying "I've got more time...." to instead read: "I've made more megawatts sitting on the crapper at a BWR, than you have in a 30 year career, Master Chief/Lt. Cmdr/Admiral"  :P

Fermi2

« Reply #36 on: Sep 12, 2012, 08:38 »
LOL in my case you can add PWR too!

Chimera

« Reply #37 on: Sep 12, 2012, 09:11 »
Okay, I gots ta ask . . . what the heck is a "Command Master Chief"?

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #38 on: Sep 12, 2012, 12:30 »

back in 1981 he was an MMCM at NNPS who had a bit of dislike for a certain EMC who hated the MM's he was in charge of in Class 8102, Section 7,...

colorful story to follow,... :P ;) :) 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #39 on: Sep 12, 2012, 12:35 »

Picture the blubbery khaki-clad guy in Crimson Tide.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #40 on: Sep 12, 2012, 02:27 »
Picture the blubbery khaki-clad guy in Crimson Tide.

The one called COB (Chief Of the Boat.)
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #41 on: Sep 13, 2012, 09:39 »

A master chief who is no longer the technical expert on his rating, but who is instead supposed to be part of the command leadership team.  In order to become a CMC, the master chief must apply and get selected by a selection board.  He then gets re-rated (i.e he is no longer a MMCM or ETCM or EMCM.....he is a CMDCM).  He willl then be billeted to a command to serve in his capacity as senior advisor to the CO, and leader of the Chief's Mess. 

For the record, I've only ever served with one CMDCM who I thought was worth a lick.
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

Chimera

« Reply #42 on: Sep 14, 2012, 08:32 »
A master chief who is no longer the technical expert on his rating, but who is instead supposed to be part of the command leadership team.  In order to become a CMC, the master chief must apply and get selected by a selection board.  He then gets re-rated (i.e he is no longer a MMCM or ETCM or EMCM.....he is a CMDCM).  He willl then be billeted to a command to serve in his capacity as senior advisor to the CO, and leader of the Chief's Mess. 

For the record, I've only ever served with one CMDCM who I thought was worth a lick.

Thanks.  I left the Navy in 1974 and I don't remember ever hearing of such a thing . . . er . . . person.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #43 on: Sep 14, 2012, 11:07 »

back in 1981 he was an MMCM at NNPS who had a bit of dislike for a certain EMC who hated the MM's he was in charge of in Class 8102, Section 7,...

things change a lot when you live to get old,...heheheheh,...

perhaps the MMCM was titled as a Senior Enlisted Advisor back in 1982,...

LaFeet might remember,...

it has been a long time,... :-\

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #44 on: Sep 14, 2012, 11:38 »
Thanks.  I left the Navy in 1974 and I don't remember ever hearing of such a thing . . . er . . . person.

It is the Mullenized fleet now, "things" are allowed   :P

Fermi2

« Reply #45 on: Sep 16, 2012, 12:25 »
Actually both my COBs were quite excellent. And the CMC at the SUBPACREP Mare Island who I worked for while waiting to get out on disability was a great guy. All three were darn good leaders, none were Nukes.

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
« Reply #46 on: Sep 16, 2012, 01:27 »
I can count on two fingers the number of MC's I've had that were worth a sh*t.

In fact, it was an MC that helped me make up my mind to EAOS when he said (I made the mistake of being friendly with the head of WMFO while standing EDO);

"Petty Officer *****, no matter what your qualification or achievements, at the end of the day, you're still just a blue shirt and no one gives a sh*t about MM1 ****."

I thanked him for finally telling the truth. :)

Justin

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #47 on: Sep 16, 2012, 07:44 »
I can count on two fingers the number of MC's I've had that were worth a sh*t.

In fact, it was an MC that helped me make up my mind to EAOS when he said (I made the mistake of being friendly with the head of WMFO while standing EDO);

"Petty Officer *****, no matter what your qualification or achievements, at the end of the day, you're still just a blue shirt and no one gives a sh*t about MM1 ****."

I thanked him for finally telling the truth. :)

Justin

It'd be great to find out on LinkedIn that the colostomy bag in question is probably now selling insurance over the phone by day, waving a housing development twirly sign on the weekends, and can't figure out why he doesnt get invited to take POSS tests at nuclear plants ;)

Fermi2

« Reply #48 on: Sep 17, 2012, 06:02 »
OOO my favorite was an STCS telling me how greatly respected a full tour and dolphines were in the civilian world and me not completing my full tour was probably going to cost me 20 to 25K when I got out.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #49 on: Sep 17, 2012, 06:36 »
OOO my favorite was an STCS telling me how greatly respected a full tour and dolphines were in the civilian world and me not completing my full tour was probably going to cost me 20 to 25K when I got out.

Well....yeah!! He's probably in charge of 10 or 12 part-time staff at Payless Shoes, and look at you...don't meet uniform standards, and you still have to sit in some lame control room pushing buttons and boiling water. When you gonna get a REAL job, shipmate?  :P

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?