Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu SRO at different plants?

Author Topic: SRO at different plants?  (Read 5609 times)

Offline JenSHO

• Light User
SRO at different plants?
« on: Jul 08, 2012, 08:17 »
One of our new executives obtained SRO licenses at two different plants (both PWR).  How common is this?  Will a company hire me for their inital SRO class if I have obtained an SRO at my current plant?  
P.S. I'm not married, no kids, & no mortgage....so I woudn't care at all about the pay cut with going back to class
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2012, 08:18 by JenSHO »

Offline Higgs

• SRO
  • Very Heavy User
  • Life has a melody...
Re: SRO at different plants?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2012, 09:39 »
I obtained a BWR license at one plant.

Then, for family health reasons, I got hired into a PWR class at another plant and will be licensing in the fall.

What I will say is that if you've already achieved licensing, you've proven your ability to make it through a class. Some utilities are willing to pay a premium for this almost guaranteed license.

In other words, don't sell yourself short on the offer if you've already licensed.

YMMV.

Justin

PS If you'd like more info on how my interview/offer/etc went as a licensed person, feel free to PM me.
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2012, 09:41 by Higgs »
"How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic.” - Ted Nugent

Fermi2

« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2012, 09:45 »
I did 15 years at a BWR 4, the last 7 as an SRO and Shift Manager, then left to become an SRO/SM at a dual unit Westinghouse 4 Loop PWR. If you have any questions just PM.

Offline JenSHO

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2012, 10:20 »
Thanks for the reply guys.  This is good information, as I'm thinking about getting out of the southeast in the sorta far future.  Thinking Chicagoland area as I have family there and am starting to miss them terribly.  Don't know if I will be able to handle the snow again though.... ;)

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2012, 08:14 »
Or, as we like to say around here, there sure a lot of people that can't hold onto a job!!!
 ;D
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?