2 (8%)
Hospital, nuff said
0 (0%)
Parking lot in da Limo
1 (4%)
Other
11 (44%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: I've called in from:  (Read 13761 times)

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
I've called in from:
« on: Jan 09, 2004, 05:13 »
As a Parent, I've had my share of calling in to take care of the usaul crisis (broken bones, fights, school functions). I've also had my vehicle breakdown on the side of the road-- not counting flats.
I've heard of an incident called "The Lost Boys" involving a group of Techs (Pre-FFD) partying all night, rented a Limo which drove them to the site in the morning, then decided they shouldn't/couldn't go on site and called in from the Limo's car phone right in the parking lot in sight of the gate. (back then, a car phone was a novelty)
I've wanted to call in when the Hunting is good---Has anyone cared to confess to an unusaul callin?
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2004, 12:03 by Rennhack »
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

harleygirl

Re: Poll: I've called in from:
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2004, 08:11 »
another state. I went home for my days off and I just had to stay one more.... ::) :P

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
  • Those who "can", "do", and go on to teach others.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2004, 08:17 »
While returning from his seven-day break, a co-worker used the Airphone on a trans-atlantic flight back from Europe, to call in and say he wouldn't be able to make his shift that night.

ex-turbine_cowboy

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2004, 10:02 »
While at a facility in CO., We were required to show up at a hotel and consume large quantities of Java and Pastries.  This had gone on for several months.  When the grub was gone we would leave with the instructions to call back and see if the site needed us yet.  I have called in while Gold Panning with gold in the sluice, From the top of Pikes Peak, while picnicking in the ;D :o ::) ;D with the wife somewhere down a forest trail in the rockies.

What fun, A thousand a week and did not even have to show up.  The local Union did not want us Pro,s commin in an making them look bad.  So we partied for 4 months on their dime.

Offline uRiaL

• BELIEVING RCT
  • Moderate User
  • God knows the path I take......
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2004, 10:02 »
How about I called in from the county jail !!! 8) 8)
I thank  GOD for you with every remembrance of you.

duder2112

Re: I've called in from:
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2004, 12:58 »
         another state
         a total stranger's house(proud of that one)
         drunk tank(that one too)
         comfort of my own bed, just being lazy

Offline jkj

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2004, 08:16 »
How about I called in from the county jail !!! 8) 8)

yeah, me too.
Words fail me and pictures aren't much better.

"Never take no cut-offs, and hurry along as fast as you can."-- (Virginia Reed; member of Donner party.)

duke99301

« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2004, 08:32 »
I was working out at handford in the old days they were running then.81'
and the whole car pool called in from the outter gate one day! Single ring on the phone ment they were on site some where! lol
the same car pool all called in from the Bar one time. and they never left early  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2004, 08:43 by duke99301 »

greengoo

« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2004, 12:29 »
Called from home just before leaving to hunt.  explained this to the boss man.  His response was that that was fine.  This surprised me.  I was surprised even more when he said he was on his way out the door of the shop to get in his RV and go hunting as well.  That kinda spoils all of the fun of calling in.  Don't you think?

BakeAndShake

« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2004, 08:42 »
Worked at a plant in the midwest where management would call off work due to hazardous road conditions.  I'd usually make it in to work before work was cancelled for the day so I'd watch from the office window as people came into the parking lot, called inside to a friend to find out if work was cancelled, and then turn around and drive back home.

sunshine1

« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2004, 04:00 »
I wish I could have called in from the the road.
This was before cell phones (early 80's) and non-nuke field:
I arrived at work four days in a row - 30 - 45 minutes late due to a flat tire. (A different one every day!  >:(  )
It took me a while to change a tire in a skirt and 3 or 4 inch heels.  ;D
I knew no one could possibly believe this - so at the end of the week - I brought each and every one of my receipts in to prove that every night I went and picked up a new re-tread to replace the one that blew out that morning. Today - I LOVE AAA........ :)
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2004, 04:04 by sunshine1 »

shehane

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2004, 12:26 »
a "good friends" bedroom phone.    ;)

BLB

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2004, 08:27 »
No one can top Brewsters call in's.  But I'll let him tell the stories if he wants to.

Offline radarts1967

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2004, 09:25 »
how about a non call in.... had a great party at a location not to be mentioned..... was celebrating 3 different people's birthdays and our rental house on the canal was a great place to accomodate throngs of people...  anyhow. we night shifters were suppose to be in work that evening, however, a large amount of people, sleeping in the yard, on the flooor, the couchs, skinny dipping in the canal, etc.... were a bit too incapacitated to call in...  i was lucky enough to answer the phone from the head cheese at the plant, calling us to see if we were going to make it in... of course my answer was  "while i dont know, there isnt anyone here" 

those of you who were there , know what i am talking about.. it was a great time for all...

and yes, there was a lot of extra random testing the following few days...

sometimes i do miss the road

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?