Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Looking for 1970 HP Handbook

Author Topic: Looking for 1970 HP Handbook  (Read 7034 times)

Glyn

Looking for 1970 HP Handbook
« on: Jul 12, 2012, 08:19 »
HI ........ Glyn from UK had the above book a few years ago then left the industry and lost the book. Have recently started working again and would love to get hold of one .......... can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: Looking for 1970 HP Handbook
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2012, 08:35 »
As a study guide, buy a newer version, things have evolved since 1970. You should be cognizant of the contemporary standards and expectations when you are monitoring the radiological environment of occupational workers and the general public.

As a fond piece of nostalgia,....sorry Glyn, the only ones I have from that era I keep, they are helpful when researching history files and the written ramblings from RSO's past require me to look up their references.

But,...I'll keep my eye out for one, they're usually stuck on some forgotten shelf gathering dust and turning yellow.

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2012, 12:47 »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2012, 01:10 »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Glyn

« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2012, 01:18 »
Thanks Rennhack &GLW ........... will take a look at your suggestions. I take it there isnt a revised version of the 1970 book available? I remember it had a lot of useful reference tables eg:ascending energies etc. Thanks again for your help

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2012, 01:53 »
... I take it there isnt a revised version of the 1970 book available?...

the '92 is a subsequent revision of the handbook you are remembering,...

I remember it had a lot of useful reference tables eg:ascending energies etc.

If you are referring to the KAPL/GE Chart of the Nuclides it's still in there,...

etm

« Reply #6 on: Jul 12, 2012, 05:41 »
The fourth edition came out in December 2011.  Online version being offered with the hardcopy.  Dr. Tom Johnson is the editor this time around.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007C736KA/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=nukeworkercom-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007C736KA
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2012, 12:30 by Rennhack »

Offline sjyu

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Jul 13, 2012, 10:31 »

Glyn

« Reply #8 on: Jul 17, 2012, 12:47 »
Thanks sjyu and everyone that has helped an old dinosaur its must appreciated

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?