Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuclear equipment operator

Author Topic: Nuclear equipment operator  (Read 10626 times)

Offline Nukette

• Light User
Nuclear equipment operator
« on: Jul 13, 2012, 05:43 »
I have an option to possibly work as an equipment operator, would this experience and training benefit me in trying to get into an NLO program eventually becoming an SRO?  I guess what I am asking is should I move from my security position now to this job or wait it out and keep taking classes until I get into an NLO program?

Offline Papa Nuc

• Moderate User
Re: Nuclear equipment operator
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2012, 06:06 »
Where I'm at an equipment operator IS an NLO.  Are there both positions at the plant you want to work at? 

Offline Nukette

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2012, 06:44 »
The job I am at now is not where this job opening is, which I know will be a rough battle not living close to the job site I am applying for.

Offline cheme09

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2012, 09:22 »
Usually, a nuclear equipment operator is the same as an NLO

Offline Papa Nuc

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Jul 17, 2012, 09:58 »
The job I am at now is not where this job opening is, which I know will be a rough battle not living close to the job site I am applying for.

Not necessarily.  I received job offers from two utilities that were both over 1000 miles from where I was living.  Just bring your A game.   ;)

ski2313

« Reply #5 on: Jul 18, 2012, 02:24 »
Some plants split up the qual process as an NLO... Some will have you qualify on the secondary plant first (equipment operator), then pull you after a year or two for another round of classroom and quals to learn the radiologically controlled area(s) (auxiliary operator).. My plant did all the training upfront. YMMV

Offline Nukette

• Light User
« Reply #6 on: Jul 26, 2012, 02:42 »
So I passed the initial interview and am on to testing for the position.  I am not concerned with the POSS however the Basic Math and Science Testing is a lot of older material I haven't covered in a while.  Anyone have any study guide suggestions??  Thank you!

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #7 on: Jul 26, 2012, 03:14 »
So I passed the initial interview and am on to testing for the position.  I am not concerned with the POSS however the Basic Math and Science Testing is a lot of older material I haven't covered in a while.  Anyone have any study guide suggestions??  Thank you!

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,22658.msg118016.html#msg118016

Offline cheme09

• Moderate User
« Reply #8 on: Jul 26, 2012, 04:06 »
My 2 cents are found at the end of this post entitled "BMST"

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,12937.0.html

Offline Papa Nuc

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2012, 09:57 »
Cheme09's post is the best I've seen on this topic.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?