Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Transaction Records, bank history and security clearance.

Author Topic: Transaction Records, bank history and security clearance.  (Read 8938 times)

inkjet

When attaining a top secret security clearance do they look over your bank transactions you have made under your name? I was wondering because I once bought a product named "Spice", thought it was harmless; but, not it became banned in the Navy and elsewhere. Would that be a problem? Thanks.

Offline eaton1981

• Moderate User
Looking for help on these forums to hide the fact you bought drugs is a waste of time, both yours and ours.

They'll find out. There, does that make you feel better?

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
When attaining a top secret security clearance do they look over your bank transactions you have made under your name? I was wondering because I once bought a product named "Spice", thought it was harmless; but, not it became banned in the Navy and elsewhere. Would that be a problem? Thanks.

Depends if you disclose it or not

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
Did you buy it before it was banned? That is a critical question. You can't be faulted for doing something legal before it becomes illegal.

Also, did you do this while a member of the navy?

http://www.soberliving.com/blog/spice-and-the-us-military

In June of 2010, the Joint Chiefs of Staff for the US military branches came to an agreement in policy that possession, use, intoxication or distribution of Spice are punishable under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_cannabis

In the US, as of March 1, 2011, five cannabinoids, JWH-018, JWH-073, CP-47,497, JWH-200, and cannabicyclohexanol have been placed on Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act (and are therefore illegal to possess or use in the US); the Drug Enforcement Administration claims that said action is "to avoid an imminent hazard to the public safety."[6][7]
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

inkjet

Re: Transaction Records, bank history and security clearance.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 20, 2012, 02:20 »
Did you buy it before it was banned? That is a critical question. You can't be faulted for doing something legal before it becomes illegal.

Also, did you do this while a member of the navy?

http://www.soberliving.com/blog/spice-and-the-us-military

In June of 2010, the Joint Chiefs of Staff for the US military branches came to an agreement in policy that possession, use, intoxication or distribution of Spice are punishable under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_cannabis

In the US, as of March 1, 2011, five cannabinoids, JWH-018, JWH-073, CP-47,497, JWH-200, and cannabicyclohexanol have been placed on Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act (and are therefore illegal to possess or use in the US); the Drug Enforcement Administration claims that said action is "to avoid an imminent hazard to the public safety."[6][7]
It was before it was banned and I was not a member of the Navy at the time. Given your response, I'm assuming that they do look at your bank records. In that case I'd better disclose this sort of stuff.?

BTW, is that a young John Cleese in your avatar?
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2012, 02:21 by inkjet »

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
Top secret clearance in the military is equivilent to a "Q" clearance in DOE. They usually do extensive background checks so it is possible. If you have the record of the purchase showing the itemized list of what you bought, then disclose it pointing out that it was not illegal or banned at the time.

I've never had a clearence like that, so don't take my word for it.

Make sure that you disclose any other drug use as well. I would expect that buying synthetic drugs would bring up questions of whether or not you also bought real ones.

Not John Cleese, just a much younger and thinner me.
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?